Company:US0031 Sysco Sacramento, Inc.
Minimum Level of Education:High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience:2 Years
Employment Type:Full Time
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We’re looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
This is an Operations position responsible for performing clerical duties within the Transportation department including maintaining all regulatory compliance as required by the Department of Transportation.
- Gather, organize and process driver daily paperwork, logs, manifest, vehicle inspection, etc.
- Answer phones, route calls and take messages.
- Research short on truck that driver's call in.
- Respond to delivery associate issues and provide support for a resolution.
- Create Driver Qualification files as needed and maintain all required documents in Supervision as required under the Department of Transportation (DOT) guidelines( i.e. driver's license status, Medical Examination Cards, Certificate of Violations, monitor Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) status, etc).
- Monitor and review all driver logs and violations through the onboard computer system, Telogis.
- Run daily reports for transportation supervisors( i.e. Observations, Vehicle Tracking, etc).
- Daily monitoring of Drive Cam Events and processing them for coaching and signatures.
- Backup for New Driver DOT Training.
- Perform all other tasks as assigned by supervision or management.
- High school diploma or General Education Development (GED) or equivalent.
- 2 years' distribution/transportation experience in a high volume, route delivery operation preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations
- Valid Driver License
- Strong leadership, analytical and motivational skills.
- Knowledge of Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Understanding of the Windows operating system and utilizing Excel and Word.
- Expertise of Manpower scheduling.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- May be required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk and hear.
- May have to lift up to 40 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities that may be required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.