Company:US1142 Buckhead Meat of Dallas, Inc.
Minimum Level of Education:High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience:2 Years
Employment Type:Full Time
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We’re looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
Transport all incoming pallets of products to the appropriate storage location in the facility. Replenish product pick locations by performing letdowns from the reserve location using standup forklift equipment.
- Visually inspect the product before putting away for damage and inferior cases.
- Enter product in proper reserve or pick location maintaining the proper rotation practices and confirm through the BFC Dakota system.
- Ensure that assigned aisles are full, clean and ready for shipping.
- Maintain the neatness and accuracy of assigned aisles, i.e. keep product off the floor, pallets are secure in their reserve locations, no loose pallet wrap or packaging interferes with the movement of equipment.
- Inspect equipment used in moving products in the warehouse and correct or report any faulty equipment, i.e., pallets, forklifts, pallet jacks, BFC Dakota equipment, etc. to management.
- Ensure that all pallets placed in the reserve locations are properly stacked and wrapped.
- Remove any tape or shrink-wrap when the product is stable from pallets before placing in pick slot.
- Maintain a safe work area at all times.
- Report any discrepancies in inventory immediately to the supervisor.
- Keep the work area clean and free of damaged products and pallets.
- Uniformly replenish slots as directed. Utilize queries and reports to maximize replenishments.
- Adhere to all applicable GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice), personal hygiene, and SQF (Safe Quality Food) policies and procedures as described in the European Imports – Sysco Food Safety Training Manual.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school education or equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired is required.
- 2 years of previous warehousing experience is required.
- Good communication skills are required
- Ability to safely operate and control standup forklift is required.
- Ability to lift to 100 lbs. is required.
- Ability to utilize a keyboard to enter, retrieve and manipulate data is required.
- General working conditions – an environment with temperatures, of 0, 35, 65 degrees and ambient temperatures.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.