Company:US2160 Sysco Guest Supply, LLC
Minimum Level of Education:Bachelor’s Degree
Minimum Years of Experience:3 Years
Employment Type:Full Time
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We’re looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
The Product Marketing Associate leads the development and execution of overall marketing strategy to grow designated product categories such as bath and bed linen; furniture, fixtures & equipment; small appliances, coffee & tea; room accessories; personal care amenities; or janitorial & housekeeping. The Product Marketing Associate assists in the development of annual marketing plans & budgets manage vendor/partner relationships to maximize reach to internal/external customer base, drives awareness of product trends & innovation and ensure product positioning and programs are well executed.
- Lead the development/execution of the strategic plans for category growth.
- Partner with Sales and Corporate Account teams in the development of the annual marketing plan.
- Manage vendor/partner relationships and their associated products to maximize reach/support internally and externally.
- Influence relationship to maximize execution capabilities across the company (new product launches, inventory troubleshooting, communication, and promotional calendar-ization, securing funding, etc.).
- Act as subject matter expert and key category contact for internal teams and vendors/partners.
- Assist with internal Sales, Corporate Accounts and Customer Service requests, including representing category POV and information needed for bid fulfillments.
- Partner with communications for awareness, promotion and training of products across internal departments (Sales, Customer Service, Purchasing, etc.) and customers (i.e. incentives, etc.).
- Align with the Business Services team regarding contracts and rebates.
- Setting annual objectives
- Play a key role in the ongoing category and program business analysis.
- Act as a steward of product positioning and competitive pricing recommendation/analysis.
- Partner internally to implement new product and marketing innovations.
- Research as needed to expand product category knowledge.
- Assist in the development of sales tools & training materials.
- Ensure Box product content is consistently up to date.
- Support the production needs of product categories across internal/external design services.
- Identify category and segmented product opportunities (i.e. Green, etc.).
Manage content and updates for the appropriate marketing category of:
- Customer touchpoints (catalog, guestsupply.com, brochures, and external collateral site, order form guides, etc.)
- Internal touchpoints (People Soft, SKU Rationale, GSI net, intranet, image library, etc.)
- Establish pricing guidelines (High, Low, Target) and maintain salesman cost
- Participate in events and/or trade show execution, including attendance.
- Document business processes or workflows as needed.
- Perform additional marketing/sales support related tasks as required or assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business, Communications, or related field.
- 3-5 years of work experience/internship in the marketing function.
- Knowledge of the hospitality industry preferred.
- Knowledge in textiles preferred.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and professional interactive skills are necessary to perform at a high degree of proficiency.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from suppliers, customers, management and inter-department staff.
- Ability to successfully engage and lead individual and team discussions and meetings.
- Understands team dynamics and works well within a team structure.
- Capable of working with internal staff from other departments in a proactive and constructive manner.
- A mastery of organizational and project management skills, including the ability to plan, prioritize and execute multiple initiatives/deadlines autonomously and shift priorities as necessary.
- Able to manage large, complex projects. Uses time effectively.
- Customer Service – Responds promptly to requests for service and assistance as needed. Follow up as needed.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Develops alternative solutions.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions.
- Exhibits sound and accurate judgment. Makes timely decisions.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner. Reacts well under pressure. Follows through on commitments.
- Detail Oriented – Attention to details and accuracy.
- Proficient use of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook) and Publisher. PeopleSoft ERP preferred.
- Copywriting experience preferred.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical, mental, and environmental conditions in which the work is performed. The demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- Normal office environment.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse and other office equipment, and telephone to talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- May occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- While this position will primarily work in an office environment, this position will require travel to and from internal and customer events as needed (approximately 10%). Limited overnight travel is required to attend company events, staff meetings, training sessions, and vendor events.
- May be required to utilize personal vehicles for business travel that may result in long periods of sitting.
- Must maintain a valid driver's license and provide proof of current automobile insurance coverage as set forth by Sysco.
- If working remote, you must have required software to ensure timely communications and have a dedicated workspace free of any distractions and participate in customer or conference calls in a business-friendly environment.
- May be required to work evenings or weekends depending on business needs.
This job description indicates in general terms, the type and level of work performed as well as the typical responsibilities of employees in this classification. The duties described are not to be interpreted as being all-inclusive to any specific employee. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions of the job. Nothing in this position description changes the at-will employment relationship existing between the Company and its employees. This job description supersedes prior job descriptions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.