Company:US0058 Sysco Detroit, LLC
Minimum Level of Education:Bachelor’s Degree
Minimum Years of Experience:1 Year
Employment Type:Full Time
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We’re looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
This is a Finance position responsible for controlling the day-to-day operations of the Inventory Control functions, which includes performing cycle counts of the warehouse inventory, conducting investigations of suspected out-of-balance items and making corrections to the inventory based upon that research, coordinating all special processing of inventory including return to vendor shipments and performing other related tasks.
- Manage the inventory control, driver check-in and quality assurance functions effectively and directs staff to identify and resolve variance, and potential variances, to achieve an accurate perpetual inventory count and protect company assets.
- Maintain, develop, and implement procedures that ensure the highest levels of inventory accuracy are achieved while minimizing the amount of shrink incurred.
- Handle the driver check-in function ensuring that all dues are collected and deposited intact and on time, all obligations are accounted for and imaged, and all obligation adjustments are accurately made promptly.
- Review daily inventory reports for possible errors and reports information to Finance, Operations, and Merchandise departments.
- Organize and facilitate shrink meetings and identify the root causes of shrink.
- Participate in the hiring and training of inventory associates.
- Responsible for performance management and development of inventory associates.
- Manage the Product Recall process.
- Ensure that the Company is Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) compliant.
- Bachelor's degree is preferred.
- 1 to 3 years of inventory control management and supervisory experience required.
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations
- Must be properly trained and licensed in the operation of powered industrial equipment as appropriate
- HACCP Certification preferred
- Strong PC skills: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Database concepts.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Speak effectively before groups of customers or associates of an organization.
- Have exemplary listening skills to facilitate effective two- way communication.
- Solid problem-solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear.
- Frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and the level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that the duties and responsibilities listed are the only tasks to be performed by the employee in this job. The employee will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description supersedes prior job descriptions. When duties and responsibilities change and develop the job description will be reviewed and subject to changes of business necessity.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.