Company:US6469 Sysco Payroll, Division of Sysco Resources Services, LLC
Minimum Level of Education:High School or Equivalent
Employment Type:Full Time
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We’re looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
This individual has direct responsibility for the steady-state maintenance of item and vendor data related to Operating Company and Supply Chain purchasing activities. This individual will also have direct responsibility for providing superior customer service to assigned Operating Companies. These activities support day-to-day Operating Company replenishment ordering for both direct and redistributed products.
The primary measure of this individual's performance will be the maintenance of 99.5% (SUS) or 99.3% (SAP) or greater end-customer service level. This metric applies to re-distributed products at RDC operating companies and all products for non-RDC companies. Inventory value goals are set on an annual basis but typically total inventory value is expected to be decreased YOY while maintaining a high customer service level. Other measures include the amount and timeliness of purchasing master issues completed.
Additional measures for this individual will include the ability to demonstrate knowledge of systems and processes to research, analyze, and execute requests as per standard departmental procedures.
- Run assigned reports that are needed within the National Supply Chain department
- Support execution tasks and monitoring of sales events (new, lost, seasonal business, promotions)
- Support execution tasks for corporate directives such as but not limited to Category Management and Sourcing
- Manage assigned supplier confirmation of purchase order on order quantity, date and cost
- Support correction of cost discrepancy and resolution
- Resolution on cost errors reported by OpCo or central supply chain teams
- Process improvement related to costing
- Invoice resolution processing
- Daily Monitor and complete AP invoice discrepancies to determine resolution on invoice payment
- Daily Monitor and complete Supplier payment disputes
- Support and/or execute Supply Chain Logistics analysis/action requests
Performs activities related to purchasing data including but not limited to the following:
- Issue resolution related to delayed creation of master data (new items, supplier changes, etc.
- Review of Quality Reports for improvement
Redistribution Center (RDC) execution activities
- Execute outbound truck fill
- Adoption and Unadoption maintenance
- Phase-out / linkage maintenance
- Unbilled p/o requests
- Emergency/immediate order add on requests
- Opportunistic direct ship order processing
- Manual allocation of inventory
- Recall Notification reporting
- Learn and support the maintenance of Standard Operating Procedures for Sysco's National Supply Chain
- Other activities as assigned
Key Internal/External Contacts:
Their primary interactions are with Sysco's National Supply Chain teams, Operating Company and Corporate merchandising departments, and other organizations within the Sysco enterprise as needed.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- One year working within a fast-paced merchandising, buying, procurement, customer support organization and/or logistics departments or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Three years of Sysco or other wholesale groceries, retail, or foodservice inventory management/customer support or a combination of education and related experience and/or experience in analyzing significant amounts of data and turning it into actionable information to meet business needs.
- Experience managing a business process where systems are the primary vehicle for task completion will be considered a plus.
- Mastery of system functionality relevant to the Demand Specialist role
- Ability to complete assignments on time and with high quality
- Ability to research and analyze data, make recommendations and take action
- Ability to respond and adapt to rapidly changing priorities with minimum notification
- Ability to provide superior customer service in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrate an approach which is helpful to others on the team or in the organization in terms of helping to get work out directly, sharing knowledge, and setting a tone of teamwork and cooperation
- Able to work independently and schedule own time on a daily basis
- Ability to navigate and use MS Word and MS Excel
- Basic mathematical skills required
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations:
Computer proficiency and experience with MS Office
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear.
- The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and the level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that the duties and responsibilities listed are the only tasks to be performed by the employee in this job. The employeewill be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description supersedes prior job descriptions. When duties and responsibilities change and develop the job description will be reviewed and subject to changes of business necessity.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.