Company:US3270 Sygma Kansas City, a Division of The Sygma Network, Inc
Minimum Level of Education:High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience:2 Years
Employment Type:Full Time
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We’re looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
This position exists to build, implement and manage successful training programs for incoming associates at all levels with a focus on high-volume positions drivers and selectors. The training specialist will also work directly with local human resource business partner (HRBP) and safety manager to build the competence levels of supervisors and managers through development programs and our congestion management process (CMP) performance management process including establishing regular feedback loops for those positions.
- Work with department leads, human resource business partner (HRBP), and safety manager to develop and manage effective on-boarding training programs with a focus on employee performance.
- Select and manage on-the-job trainers (OJT) in transportation and warehouse departments through regular training meetings, training effectiveness evaluations, one-on-one discussions and overall performance management of the OJT.
- Manage an on-boarding process for new drivers and warehouse initial training as well as extended on the job training throughout the entire 90 day orientation period.
- Work through OJTs to develop a process that includes follow-up training as needed for new associates to reach acceptable new-hire performance standards.
- Collaborate with HRBP to manage supervisor and manager development programs including fundamentals of leadership for operations (FLO), compliance training, and other programs associated with supervisor/manager development.
- Work with supervisors and managers on the job to facilitate the translation of new skills and knowledge from classroom to job performance.
- Conduct analysis and build programs for existing associates in high-volume positions including drivers and warehouse selectors who are not performing at acceptable levels.
- Actively participate in the Training community including regular calls, projects, and events.
- Drive a culture of feedback as part of the development process through effective performance management; responsible for instructing and managing feedback process for all positions within the company.
- High School diploma.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- At least 2 years’ experience in a training-related job.
- Experience with building and managing on-boarding training programs for individual-contributor positions.
- Experience with building coaching and feedback cultures.
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations
- Driver’s license.
- Strong ability to coach and provide constructive feedback at all levels.
- Excellent communication skills including speaking, writing and listening to others.
- Solid analytical skills.
- Ability to make sound judgments.
- Strong presentation skills including utilization of PowerPoint and excellent public speaking skills.
- Advanced understanding of OSHA, DOT, Work Place Safety and Food Safety.
- Able to keep informed on legislation affecting the center.
- Proficient time management and organization skills.
- Work is a combination of sedentary, standing, walking and bending.
- Must be able to read at a distance close to the eyes, with or without correction.
- Office, warehouse and outside environments.
- Some travel will be required.
- Flexibility to work a schedule that meets the needs of the center.
- Automobile, PC, Microsoft Office Applications.
All position requirements are subject to reasonable modification to accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities.
Some position requirements may exclude qualified individuals who pose a direct threat of significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This description does not state or imply that these are the only duties to be performed by the person in this position. Employees will be required to follow and perform any other job-related instruction and duties by their supervisor.
This document is not intended to create an employment contract, implied or otherwise; rather employment is on an at-will basis.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.