Company:US2160 Sysco Guest Supply, LLC
Minimum Level of Education:High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience:1 Year
Employment Type:Full Time
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We’re looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
The warehouse worker performs various warehouse functions while meeting and/or exceeding productivity, safety, quality, delivery, and cost goals and providing superior service to customers, suppliers and other warehouse departments through shipping, receiving and other related service areas.
- Perform warehouse activities such as load, offload, pick, assemble orders, stage, put-away, consolidate inventory, inventory count, shipping, receiving, etc.
- Execute various shipping and receiving functions for chemicals, components and contract finished goods through the warehouse management system (WMS) utilizing computers, scanners, fax machines, phones, copy machines and printers.
- Verify appointments, read customer orders, work orders, shipping orders, or requisitions to determine items to be moved, gathered, or shipped.
- Release orders in the system to be picked, set priorities, monitor internal correspondence, prepares shipping documentation, make appropriate changes when necessary and communicate effectively with other departments and areas.
- Coordinate pickups, disposition, prepare necessary documentation and communicate effectively with other departments and areas.
- Assist co-workers in essential duties of the position and safe work habits.
- Troubleshoot and problem solve in areas that affect routine tasks.
- Operate battery changing machinery including changing and maintenance of all machine batteries.
- Provide complete and accurate documentation of work performed on time.
- Follow and comply with good manufacturing practices (GMP) related to personal hygiene and handling of materials and equipment to maintain hygiene standards.
- Adhere to safety guidelines.
- Communicate effectively with co-workers and department supervision.
- Conduct and assist in the routine maintenance of warehouse related equipment and machinery.
- Comply with general housekeeping standards throughout the warehouse.
- Maintain a safe working environment.
- Assure compliance of all company and local, state and federal regulatory agencies’ (i.e., OSHA and FDA) policies and regulations.
- Confer with supervisors and/or peers to coordinate operations and activities within or between departments.
- Regularly interact and communicate with various internal departments to provide vital information that may be necessary to meet business demands.
- Suggest efficiency ideas, cost reduction measures and assist with the implementation of changes within the facility.
- High School diploma or GED.
- 1+ years’ experience working in a warehouse and/or manufacturing environment.
- Warehouse management system (i.e., WMS-HighJump/PeopleSoft) experience preferred.
- Proficient in the operation of powered industrial trucks such as stand-up reach truck or sit-down truck and other industrial equipment (i.e., double pallet jack).
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and professional interactive skills are necessary to perform at a high degree of proficiency.
- Effectively prepare and present reports and information and respond to questions from suppliers, customers, management and inter-department staff.
- Understands team dynamics and works well within a team structure.
- Capable of working with internal staff from other departments and shifts proactively and constructively.
- Ability to build working relationships with internal business partners, vendors, and customers.
- Prioritize and manage multiple priorities/deadlines and shift priorities as necessary.
- Respond promptly to requests for service and assistance as needed.
- Identifies and resolves problems promptly.
- Gathers and analyzes information skillfully, along with develops alternative solutions.
- Displays willingness to make sound decisions.
- Tactfully approaches others.
- Attention to details and accuracy.
- Can add, subtract, multiply, and divide into all units of measure; compute rate, ratio, and percent; use of whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Able to read, understand and execute all relevant policies and procedures (i.e., standard operating procedures (SOPs), good manufacturing practice (GMP), safety, conduct, etc.) in a consistent, timely and objective manner.
- Complies with local, state and federal regulations and safety guidelines.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, verbal, diagram or schedule form.
- Working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook) preferred.
- Ability to learn and apply technology software and programs (i.e., WMS-HighJump/PeopleSoft).
The physical and mental conditions in which the work is performed. The demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee moves different package sizes and weights and is regularly required to walk, stand, sit and use hands and fingers to operate powered industrial equipment, computer keyboard, mouse, office, and telephone to talk and hear.
- Frequently required to reach with hands and arms, and climb or balance.
- Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and lift up to 50 pounds and/or move up to 500 pounds with assistance.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The environmental conditions in which the work is performed. The demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- This position will primarily work in a warehouse environment and may be exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, cold or elevated ambient temperature, moving mechanical parts, dust, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals and outside weather conditions.
- The noise level in the work environment is moderate and the environment fast-paced.
- Limited travel may be required to attend company events, staff meetings, training sessions and vendor fairs.
- May be required to utilize personal vehicles.
- Must maintain a valid driver license with a driving record that meets company's minimum standards and maintain current automobile insurance coverage as set forth by Sysco.
- This position may require evening, weekend or other shift work depending on business needs.
This job description indicates in general terms, the type and level of work performed as well as the typical responsibilities of employees in this classification. The duties described are not to be interpreted as being all-inclusive to any specific employee. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions of the job. Nothing in this position description changes the at-will employment relationship existing between the Company and its employees. This job description supersedes prior job descriptions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.