Company:US1158 FreshPoint Central California, Inc.
Minimum Level of Education:High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience:2 Years
Employment Type:Full Time
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We’re looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
Responsible for inspecting the product to identify quality issues and assisting with product repacking as needed.
- Provide technical, customer relations, and personnel management for major programs and projects.
- Conduct daily walk-through of assigned coolers to check the quality of the product and identify any quality issues.
- Check dates of product for proper product rotation by date.
- Remove any distressed product, determine what product needs reworking and what product should be discarded.
- Rework all distressed/damaged products
- Communicate quality issues to buyers, management, and associates.
- Report all lost product or transfers.
- Assure that all inventory is properly blocked and labeled.
- Assist in inventory counts.
- Instructs handlers in the proper method of loading trucks.
- All product loaded must be transported without damage
Prefer High School or GED
A minimum of two (2) years related experience (knowledge of produce industry preferred).
- Ability to operate warehouse power equipment.
- Ability to interact with others in a professional manner.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- General understanding of the shipping procedures of a high volume warehouse operation.
- Solid understanding of produce varieties handled in a wholesale operation.
Decision Making Authority
Most important decisions made fully independently:
Identifying quality issues, removing
Most important decisions made with review and approval of other individuals or supervisors (include the reviews/approvals required):
All work regularly reviewed by the supervisor and manager.
- Eliminated Produce QC Inspector title.
- Some stooping and bending required.
- Ability to manually inspect produce efficiently for periods of up to or exceeding eight (8) hours.
- They must be able to move around the work area freely.
- Frequent lifting of the product up to 50 lbs. during the shift, infrequent lifting up to 80 lbs.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.