Company:US3090 Sygma Illinois, a Division of The Sygma Network, Inc
Minimum Level of Education:High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience:1 Year
Employment Type:Full Time
Travel Percentage:Up to 100%
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We’re looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
To serve our customers by safely and efficiently transporting product from the warehouse by driving a tractor-trailer to various destination points according to customer invoices and company standards.
- Safely transports product from the warehouse to the customer location and ensures the product is delivered on a timely basis, according to assigned route; loads and unloads product according to customer specifications.
- Ensures all paperwork is completed according to established company and governmental guidelines (e.g. DOT electronic or manual logs, inspections, company vehicle maintenance reports and pre and post-trip reports are completed accurately and submitted on a timely basis, ensures all invoices are accurate and case counts match bill of ladings).
- Ensures all food safety protocols are met according to established guidelines (e.g. proper temperatures are maintained in the delivery vehicle).
- Follows preferred work methods at all times, and immediately advises the management team of any unsafe conditions.
- Maintains and safely operates all assigned equipment, including but not limited to pallets, load bars, SLS unit, and personal protective equipment.
- Develops and establishes good relationships with customers by providing excellent and courteous service with clear communication.
- Communicates with management team regarding any deviations to route, trailer or loading issues and/or customer or product issues.
- Works assigned schedule and work outside the usual work schedule as needed to meet customer needs; exhibits regular and predictable attendance. Other duties as assigned by Management.
- High school diploma/GED/equivalent degree, plus 1 year of tractor-trailer driving experience preferred.
- Completion of a tractor-trailer driving school will be accepted instead of, or in addition to a high school diploma.
Certifications and/or technical requirements
Valid Class A Commercial Driver’s License.
Must be insurable to operate a vehicle as a condition of initial and continued employment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of: Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations; Hazmat guidelines; Safe lifting and delivery practices
- Skill in: driving over long distances, over a variety of terrains and in varying weather conditions, communicating with customers; solving problems; delivering the product
- Ability to: drive a tractor-trailer unit both in the day and at night in a variety of traffic and weather conditions and remain alert and aware of surroundings
- meet or exceed minimum productivity levels established by the Company
- Operate a 3 axle tractor, 45' - 48' trailer, straight truck, onboard computer
- keypad and a 2 wheel hand cart; read, write and communicate in English as it relates to the job and to the safety regulations
- perform basic math functions (e.g. add, subtract, multiply, divide); effectively plan and organize work activities independent of direct supervision; solve problems
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the
- essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to sit, talk and hear.
- The associate is occasionally required to lift, push, or move product that weighs up to up to 50 pounds by hand and push/pulls up to 350 pounds of product with a 2-wheeled hand cart down a ramp and into the customer’s storage areas
- climb in and out of a tractor and trailer
- vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those associate encounters while performing the
essential functions of the job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is occasionally exposed to wet, hot, extreme cold and/or humid conditions
- Moving mechanical parts and may be required to work in confined spaces.
- The associate usually works an overnight schedule, including weekends, holidays, overtime, on-call and starting at various times are required in order to successfully meet customers’ needs.
- The associate is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places.
- The associate is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Overtime hours, working weekends and holidays, and starting at various start times are required in order to successfully meet customers’ needs.
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and the level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that the duties and responsibilities listed are the only tasks to be performed by the associate in this job. The associate will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job description supersedes prior job descriptions. When duties and responsibilities change and develop, the job description will be reviewed and is subject to changes of business necessity.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.