Company:US2160 Sysco Guest Supply, LLC
Minimum Level of Education:Bachelor’s Degree
Minimum Years of Experience:5 Years
Employment Type:Full Time
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We’re looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
The Credit & Collections Representative is responsible for the maintenance and administration of credit limits, payment terms, and collection of delinquent accounts receivable for an assigned portfolio of accounts.
- Review orders on credit hold and determine within the parameters of company policy whether to remove the order from credit hold or to hold the order pending resolution of the customer’s account.
- Collect monies owed from delinquent accounts within an assigned portfolio and guide Territory Managers regarding the same.
- Respond to statements, answer correspondence and phone requests from customers and Territory Managers, investigate mail returned as undeliverable, and respond to bi-weekly past due to notices sent to customers.
- Investigate financial stability and determine credit worthiness of prospective customers applying for credit.
- Establish, maintain and adjust credit limits and payment terms for existing accounts as per company policy.
- Recommend customers for outsourcing to litigation and prepare collection files for review by the Manager of Credit & Collections.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or related field, or Certified Credit Executive (CCE) credentials.
- 3-5 years related credit & collections experience
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and professional interactive skills are necessary to perform at a high degree of proficiency.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from suppliers, customers, management and inter-department staff.
- Capable of working with internal staff from other departments proactively and constructively.
- Ability to plan, prioritize and execute multiple tasks/deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Uses time effectively.
- Respond promptly to requests for service and assistance as needed. Follow up as needed.
- Identifies and resolves problems promptly.
- Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Develops alternative solutions.
- Displays willingness to make decisions.
- Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Makes timely decisions.
- Attention to details and accuracy.
- Ability to understand and execute all relevant policies and procedures in a consistent, timely and objective manner.
- Proficient experience using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access & Outlook)
- Knowledge of ERP systems (i.e., PeopleSoft) and credit reporting systems (Dun & Bradstreet, Experian).
The physical, mental, and environmental conditions in which the work is performed. The demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear.
- Required to sit and reach with hands and arms.
- May occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- While this position will primarily work in an office environment, limited travel may be required to attend other office locations, company events, staff meetings, training sessions, and/or industry or vendor trade shows.
- May be required to utilize personal vehicles for business travel that may result in long periods of sitting.
- Must maintain a valid driver's license and provide proof of current automobile insurance coverage as set forth by Sysco.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- This position may require evening and weekend work depending on business needs.
This job description indicates in general terms, the type and level of work performed as well as the typical responsibilities of employees in this classification. The duties described are not to be interpreted as being all-inclusive to any specific employee. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions of the job. Nothing in this position description changes the at-will employment relationship existing between the Company and its employees. This job description supersedes prior job descriptions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.