Company:US3089 Sygma San Antonio, a Division of The Sygma Network, Inc
Minimum Level of Education:High School or Equivalent
Employment Type:Full Time
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We’re looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
To ensure that all trailers are cleaned according to established food safety and company standards and any maintenance defects are reported to Fleet Maintenance according to established company standards.
- Operates high-pressure water hose to clean and sanitize insides of trailers according to established standards (e.g. proper disposal of trash, sweeping, pressure washing)
- Keeps wash area free of debris and ensure all wastewater is reclaimed.
- Inspect trailers for mechanical defects and report all defects to fleet maintenance supervisor.
- Maintains and safely operates all assigned equipment, including but not limited to the pressure washer, moveable stairs, and personal protective equipment.
- Ensures all environmental laws and food safety protocols are met according to established guidelines
- Assists with maintaining sanitary conditions with the trailers and truck yard.
- Follows preferred work methods at all times, and immediately advises the management team of any unsafe conditions or environmental issues.
- Completes cleaning records in a timely manner, according to established company standards.
- Works assigned schedule and work overtime as needed; exhibits regular and predictable attendance.
- Other duties as assigned by Management.
- High school diploma/General Education Degree (GED) or equivalent degree or the equivalent in work experience is required.
Certifications, Licenses and/or Registration
- CDL Class A experience preferred
- Knowledge of: food safety policies, preferred work methods.
- Skill in: communicating with co-workers; solving problems.
- Ability to: read, write and communicate in English as it relates to the job and to safety regulations; effectively plan and organize work activities independent of direct supervision; be flexible, prioritize work and solve problems; operate a pressure washer with wastewater reclamation device and movable stairs.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, talk and hear.
- Frequently required to lift, push, or move up to 50 pounds by hand and push/pull up to 100 pounds; climb in and out of a trailer, reach, bend and twist.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Frequently exposed to wet, hot, extreme cold and/or humid conditions; and moving mechanical parts and may be required to work in confined spaces.
- Occasionally exposed to high, precarious places.
- Occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.