Company:US3089 Sygma San Antonio, a Division of The Sygma Network, Inc
Minimum Level of Education:Bachelor’s Degree
Minimum Years of Experience:3 Years
Employment Type:Full Time
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We’re looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
The warehouse supervisor is responsible for managing and monitoring warehouse activities including, but not limited to, receiving, putaway consolidation, replenishment, picking, load checking, loading, and shipping while ensuring continuity, productivity, efficiency and superior service to customers, suppliers and distributors.
- Direct, coordinate and monitor the daily activities and performance of warehouse workers to assure compliance of standard procedures, quality, and safety.
- Assure quality performance through proper staffing, effective communication, and training.
- Manage employee performance through motivation, delegation, development, mentoring and resolving conflict.
- Take corrective action as necessary on a timely basis and following company policy.
- Conduct regular department or pre-shift meetings to foster employee engagement, communicate any changes to company policies and procedures, address employee concerns, foster idea-sharing and suggestions for improvement.
- Participate in staff selection, performance and compensation evaluations, corrective action and terminations, as necessary.
- Continuously review warehouse procedures and recommend and/or modify the operational structure to create a more efficient and productive operation.
- Monitor departmental expenses.
- Provide necessary resources to support daily activities.
- Suggest and implement process improvements that will increase efficiency, productivity, safety, and quality while reducing costs (i.e. overtime hours, building and machine maintenance cost).
- Enforce all policy and procedures, including safety and housekeeping, effectively and appropriately (i.e., pre-shift meetings, daily safety walkthrough, etc.).
- Maintain reports and logs including productivity operations report, daily supervisor end of shift walk-through, battery watering log, and weekly safety toolbox talks.
- Provide and maintain a clean and safe working environment.
- Promote a safe working environment through safety toolbox talks, monthly safety training, and inspections.
- Coordinate efforts with the safety department to aid in training, conducting associate observations, updating preferred work methods, conducting accident investigations to determine root causes and perform routine safety inspections.
- Assure compliance of all company and local, state and federal regulatory agencies’ (i.e., OSHA) policies and regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or 3-5 years equivalent education/work experience in a distribution center.
- 3-5 years of warehouse supervisory experience with a re-distribution/distribution center.
- Experience with handheld radio frequency (RF) unit.
- Voice recognition preferred but not required.
- Knowledge of powered industrial trucks.
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations
- Powered industrial truck certification is required upon completion of internal training and testing within the first 2 weeks of being hired.
- Must be familiar with OSHA regulation.
- Knowledge of warehouse procedures and practices; inventory control processes, procedures and practices; and inventoried product line specifications (dimensions, weight, etc.).
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and professional interactive skills are necessary to perform at a high degree of proficiency.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or government regulations.
- Write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Effectively prepare and present reports and information and respond to questions from suppliers, customers, management and inter-department staff.
- Capable of working with internal staff from other departments proactively and constructively.
- Strong leadership skills, including the ability to mentor and develop individuals and teams.
- Able to engage and lead team discussions and meetings.
- Understands team dynamics and works well within a team structure.
- Collaborative management style and a strategic team player.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills, including the ability to plan, prioritize and execute multiple initiatives/deadlines autonomously and shift priorities as necessary.
- Able to manage large, complex projects..
- Ability to build working relationships with internal business partners, vendors, and customers.
- Respond promptly to requests for service and assistance as needed.
- Identifies and resolves problems promptly.
- Expertise in gathering and analyzing information skillfully, along with develops alternative solutions.
- Displays willingness to make sound decisions.
- Tactfully approaches others.
- Attention to details and accuracy.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide into all units of measure; compute rate, ratio, and percent; use of whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Understand and execute all relevant policies and procedures in a consistent, timely and objective manner.
- Complies with local, state and federal regulations.
- Provide effective training to department staff in areas such as standard operating procedures (SOP), safety, conduct, etc.
- Proficient use of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Experience with WMS-HighJump/PeopleSoft, Voice Recognition and radio frequency (RF) devices a plus.
The physical and mental conditions in which the work is performed. The demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, other office and warehouse equipment and telephone to talk and hear.
- Frequently required to reach with hands and arms and climb or balance.
- Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and lift up to 50 pounds and/or move up to 200 pounds with assistance.
- During a regular workday, must be able to stand and walk 75% of the time.
The environmental conditions in which the work is performed. The demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- Primarily work in a warehouse environment and may be exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, cold or elevated ambient temperature, moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and outside weather conditions.
- The noise level in the work environment is moderate and the environment fast-paced.
- May require evening, weekend or other shift work depending on business needs.
- Limited travel (less than 5%) may be required to visit other warehouse/distribution centers or office locations or attend company events, staff meetings or training sessions.
This job description indicates in general terms, the type and level of work performed as well as the typical responsibilities of employees in this classification. The duties described are not to be interpreted as being all-inclusive to any specific employee. Management reserves the rights to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions of the job. Nothing in this position description changes the at-will employment relationship existing between the Company and its employees. This job description supersedes prior job descriptions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.