Company:US1141 Buckhead Meat of Houston, Inc.
Minimum Level of Education:Bachelor’s Degree
Minimum Years of Experience:7 Years
Employment Type:Full Time
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We’re looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
We are seeking an HR Business Partner to partner with leadership to successfully execute local, regional, and corporate human resources programs/initiatives within the Specialty Meat Company.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/ RESPONSIBILITIES
- Formulate and recommend program goals and objectives in all areas of associate relations.
- Develop, implement, and administer the management-labor relations area of the Human Resources program in an effort to improve associate engagement and satisfaction. relations.
- Ensure that the company is in compliance with all State and Federal regulatory agencies and employment laws.
- Develop and/or oversee compensation policies, procedures, and programs. Provide guidance on compensation strategy planning and administration. Communicate compensation policies, procedures, and programs to associates.
- Communicate all benefit programs to associates and complete associated processes in a timely and correct manner.
- Develop and establish associate training and educational programs in an effort to upgrade managerial, technical, and support level productivity.
- Assist with facilitating the Sysco Speaks Associate Survey efforts in the Meat Company.
- Monitor workers’ compensation claims and coordinate work between associates and insurance carrier.
- Assist Safety personnel in prevention programs, training and education.
- Investigate problems, such as working conditions, disciplinary actions, and associate and applicant appeals and grievances. According to circumstances, provide guidance and recommendations for problem resolution to department officials and individuals.
- Monitor unemployment claims and assist departments with appeals.
- Oversee the performance management process, working with Meat Company leaders on their associate reviews and evaluations, providing training and consultation as necessary.
- Develop and maintain the company's Affirmative Action Program.
- Work with Meat Company leaders to create and maintain workforce staffing plans.
- Coordinate recruiting efforts with Sysco Business Services to ensure that competent, diverse, and skilled associates are hired and workload levels are appropriate and maintained, and work to minimize turnover.
- Coordinate orientation process for new Meat Company associates.
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree with major or emphasis in Human Resources, Business Administration or a closely related field
- 5 years of experience in Human Resources management, three years of which have been in a supervisory position or an equivalent combination of related training and experience
- Strong consultative, presentation and business communication skills
- Demonstrated ability as a business partner, change champion, credible activist, talent and organizational coach and HR functional expert
CERTIFICATIONS AND/OR TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Bilingual in Spanish and English preferred
- Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI) Professional Human Resources (PHR) or Senior Professional Human Resources (SPHR) certification preferred
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.