Company:US1142 Buckhead Meat of Dallas, Inc.
Minimum Level of Education:High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience:2 Years
Employment Type:Full Time
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We’re looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
Under general supervision, control the flow of inbound receiving, and accurately receive and verify the product being received into the warehouse.
- Communicate with the inbound receiving clerk to open up the doors for unloading.
- Review driver paperwork, use the receiving worksheet to instruct driver/lumper as to proper pallet size, ti and hi of each item, and where to breakdown and place unloaded products.
- Record count on the worksheet and pallet tag with slot, date, item number, and ti and hi, and places tag on a case on the upper right corner of the pallet.
- Notify the appropriate merchandiser when there are discrepancies in the products and worksheets.
- Control the unloading of product onto the dock by instructing unloading service as to which area product should be placed to ensure a safe and efficient workflow.
- Inspect products for damage and inspect the packaging to be sure it meets European Imports and safety specifications before accepting possession.
- Maintains a clean and safe dock area.
- Adhere to all applicable GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice), personal hygiene, and SQF (Safe Quality Food) policies and procedures as described in the European Imports – Sysco Food Safety Training Manual.
- High school education or equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired is required.
- 2 years of previous warehousing experience is required.
- Good communication skills are required.
- Ability to utilize a keyboard to enter, retrieve and manipulate data is required.
- General working conditions – exposed to temperatures of 33 – 40 degrees up to 8 hours a day.
- General supervision is received from the day warehouse assistant manager.
- Ability to lift to 100 lbs. is required.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.