Company:US3069 Sygma Portland, a Division of The Sygma Network, Inc
Minimum Level of Education:High School or Equivalent
Employment Type:Full Time
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We’re looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
This position unloads, sorts and segregates merchandise based on the inbound purchase order (PO) description. Maintain the warehouse in a safe and sanitary manner.
- Unload all inbound products from common carriers or backhauls.
- Use the purchase order (PO) to determine, sort and segregation necessary for warehouse personnel to receive the product.
- Ensure all inbound merchandise is properly palletized to the correct Ti/Hi as listed on the PO.
- Check product for damage as it is unloaded.
- Operate all company warehouse equipment safely and reliably.
- Report all equipment failures to immediate supervisor.
- Ensure that the warehouse is maintained in a sanitary manner according to company standards.
- Adheres to hazard analysis and critical control point (HACCP) and material safety data sheet (MSDS) guidelines.
- A High School diploma/GED or equivalent is required.
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations
- Forklift license.
- Work is heavy.
- You must be able to safely lift up to 50 lbs. frequently and up to 75 lbs. occasionally.
- Requires continuous walking, stepping up and down, bending, pushing, pulling, squatting, and reaching up to a 4 - 7-foot level.
- Must be able to read text that is close and at a distance with or without correction.
- Forklift operation requires distance vision and the ability to hear warehouse activity.
- In addition, must be able to perform manual tasks, hear, sit, reach, bend, communicate and interact with others.
- Activities occur both inside (protected from weather conditions but not temperature changes) and outside.
- The employee is subjected to extreme cold during freezer work.
- Hazardous conditions may exist, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, electrical current and working in high places.
- Forklift, and a picking jack.
All position requirements are subject to reasonable modification to accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities.
Some position requirements may exclude qualified individuals who pose a direct threat of significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This description does not state or imply that these are the only duties to be performed by the person in this position. Employees will be required to follow and perform any other job-related instruction and duties by their supervisor.
This document is not intended to create an employment contract, implied or otherwise; rather employment is on an at-will basis.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.