Company:US3063 Sygma Pennsylvania, a Division of The Sygma Network, Inc
Minimum Level of Education:High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience:2 Years
Employment Type:Full Time
Travel Percentage:Up to 25%
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We’re looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
Responsible for overseeing and executing the administrative functions and processes for all facets of facility maintenance and operations. These responsibilities include effective execution and administration of the documentation and record-keeping requirements, regulatory compliance, housekeeping and sanitation audits, regularly scheduled facility inspections, warranty and maintenance agreements, parts and supplies inventories, purchasing and invoice processing. Responsible for coordinating support and maintenance activities with other internal departments to ensure the building is operated and maintained in the most efficient, cost-effective manner. Responsible for providing administrative/analytical support to the Director, RDC Operations & operation company (OpCo) Support.
- Maintain files, including the filing of facilities and other miscellaneous filings.
- Maintain department calendar for vacation and personal time off for the Facilities and Operations departments.
- Maintains time clock for Facilities and Operations departments.
- Issue access cards as requested and maintain accurate records of issued cards and access levels.
- Update Infolink software as needed for user information, new hire, and equipment recertifications.
- Write, type, and/or accurately enter information into computer to prepare reports, and copying information from one record to another. Proofread records and forms for accuracy.
- Prepare requisitions for office, computer, and routine supply purchases for the Facilities, Operations, and Safety and Security Departments.
- Effectively research, track, and resolve (or properly refer) documentation problems and discrepancies for the Facilities departments.
- Report electrical power usage data to Cascade Energy for Sysco CDP Program.
- Establish and maintain effective communication and coordination with company personnel and with management.
- Keep Facilities, Operations, and Safety and Security department’s management informed of area activities and of any significant problems.
- Maintain vendor and supplier contract files, maintenance agreement files, customer and corporate contact lists.
- Contact third party technical support for copiers/printers as issues are identified.
- Order, track, distribute freezer gear to associates and return freezer gear as needed for cleaning and repairs.
- Coordinate with the Director, RDC Operations & Opco Support and outside vendors to establish maintenance contracts on any equipment or maintenance not performed by the internal facilities and maintenance department.
- Responsible for supporting contractual arrangements and ongoing monitoring and feedback to the company providing janitorial services to the facilities.
- Assist in maintaining current documentation for state or local compliance for the entire facility (ammonia, above-ground storage tanks, etc.).
- Review and track major expenditures within the department to ensure compliance with the approved budgetary plans.
- Process all P card purchases and vendor invoices with appropriate account coding, ensure proper backup documentation is included with the transaction, and accurately enter transaction data into the appropriate trendsheet(s) for budgetary purposes.
- Responsible for acknowledging/signing contractor service tickets when work is performed/completed.
- Coordinates third party recycling programs and efforts.
- Coordinate outside repairs of warehouse RF equipment.
- Update Evacuation Roster and distribute it.
- Ensure that the work area is clean, secure and well maintained.
- Report any unfixable or unsafe issues to the supervisor.
- Observe and enforce all safety rules in an effort to prevent accidents and injuries.
- Ensure office equipment is used in a safe and professional manner.
- Understand and comply with all applicable company policies (i.e. attendance, Code of Business Conduct and Ethics, Associate Handbook, etc.).
- Comply with all applicable state and federal laws, regulations, and policies (i.e. OSHA and HACCP, etc.).
- Supports food safety policies, standard operating procedures, and prerequisite food safety control programs that meet legal and quality requirements and industry best practices as defined in our Food Safety Commitment documentation.
- Accept additional responsibilities or special projects as requested. Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must pass a physical assessment.
- Must have basic math and computer skills. Experience with Microsoft Suite (i.e. Word, Outlook, and Excel) required.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills between associates of all levels, peers and outside contractors.
- Must work independently with minimal supervision, and have strong attention to details.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A high school diploma or General Education Degree (GED) is required
- A college degree is preferable, but not required
- A minimum of two years experience in a facilities administrative role is required
- Experience managing a building access control system is preferred.
- Must be articulate and have clear, concise written and verbal communication skills with individuals of broadly varying backgrounds and educational levels.
- Must have the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, vendors, contractors, and the general public.
- Must have mastery of general math, algebra, and geometry.
Must be able to work in a proactive manner, address issues, and solve problems by using previous education and experience in identifying appropriate actions. Problems will vary in complexity and there will not always be a clearly defined solution. Some solutions may require modifying past applications or creating a solution unique to the current situation, but within the regulations that would apply.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
No certification needed.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE POSITION
The working conditions and physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. An individual should contact his or her supervisor or the Human Resources Department if he or she believes that an accommodation is needed.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is frequently required to use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone keyboard to talk and hear and is required to sit for prolonged periods of time. The associate is occasionally required to stand, climb stairs, and walk and reach with hands and arms. The associate must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and seldom lift and/or move 51 pounds and up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Job is performed in an office environment with some time spent in the operations and maintenance areas. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is occasionally exposed to fast-moving material handling equipment or other mechanical equipment, and freezer/cooler warehouse environments. The noise level in the work environment usually is moderate.
This is a full-time position. The incumbent must have the ability to work a varying schedule which might include shift work (days or nights), weekdays or weekends, and some holidays. Work hours may vary or change based on departmental requirements or RDC business needs.
The position may require some travel to support RDC business needs.
The above statement reflects the general details necessary to describe the principal functions of the occupation described and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the occupation.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.