Company:US0102 Sysco Spokane, Inc.
Minimum Level of Education:High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience:5 Years
Employment Type:Full Time
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We’re looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
To provide safe, reliable and cost-efficient vehicles by performing quality preventive maintenance inspections and repairs as well as performing expert diagnosis and repair as required to prevent breakdowns on road, reduce vehicle downtime and improve total fleet reliability.
- Perform required inspections and preventive maintenance on vehicles and equipment with in planned time tolerances to maximize the safety, reliability, and cost efficiency throughout the life cycle of the fleet.
- Perform FAI/CVI (Annual) inspections on all fleet vehicles including tractors, trailers, converter dollies, light-duty vehicles, and any other company-owned equipment in accordance with all federal, state and local legal and regulatory agencies. (Includes all state-required inspections and frequencies).
- Perform quality preventive maintenance inspections per company methods on all fleet vehicles including tractors, trailers, converter dollies, refrigeration units (Reefer), lift-gates, light-duty vehicles, and any other company-owned equipment.
- Perform quality maintenance repairs as required to maximize safety and reliability on all fleet vehicles including tractors, trailers, converter dollies, lift-gates, light-duty vehicles, and any company-owned equipment.
- Perform preventive maintenance, diagnosis and repair to refrigeration units (Reefer).
- Address all Driver Vehicle Inspection Report write ups timely, and efficiently.
- Diagnose cause of any malfunction and perform repairs to manufacturer specifications including but not limited to engines, transmissions and clutches, drive-line, differential, steering and suspension, fuel and ignition system, exhaust systems (including regeneration systems), intake systems, electrical systems, brake systems, HVAC systems and lift-gate hydraulic, mechanical and electrical systems.
- Follow procedures including documenting all work performed on work orders.
- Mentor, teach and share expertise with Fleet Technician I and II to aid in their development to positions of greater responsibility.
- May perform moderate supervisory roles when Fleet Manager or Fleet Supervisors are not accessible.
- Proficient in electrical meter testing
- Knowledge of controls and electric (DC (distribution center) low voltage
- Electric motor knowledge (DC)
- Complete electrical repairs and welding projects as needed.
- High school diploma or GED required
- Current and valid driver's license (CDL Preferred, Not Required)
- Medium / Heavy Duty truck technical training
- 2-year school and 4 years of experience OR
- 5 years of experience in fleet maintenance and repair
Certifications, Licenses and/or Registrations
- Annual Inspector Certification Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Brake Inspector Certification Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- ASE certifications & Automotive or Medium/Heavy Duty Trucks
- EPA section 608 (Core & Type II) and 609 HVAC & Refrigeration Certification
- Expert knowledge and skill of all vehicle systems and components
- Expert knowledge and skill in diagnosis and repair of electrical systems on all equipment
- Expert knowledge and skill in diagnosis and repair of refrigeration systems (
- Expert knowledge and skill in Preventive Maintenance Inspections and repair
- Moderate knowledge and skill in welding and cutting (gas, electric, MIG, TIG)
- Moderate computer skills and knowledge
- Expert knowledge of all DOT (FMCSA) regulations
- Moderate knowledge of OSHA safety regulations
- Moderate knowledge of environmental regulations
- Working knowledge of computer-based diagnostic software for OEM's and component manufacturers
- The technician must provide own and provide all tools (diagnostic equipment and major tools provided by Sysco) necessary to perform all maintenance repair and diagnostics
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear.
The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear.
- The employee is frequently required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend or crawl.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit and must frequently lift and/or move up to 100 lbs.
- The employee is Repair work requires excellent hand and finger dexterity used for wrenches, hand tools, and other shop equipment.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to operate various pieces of equipment
- Ability to stand, sit, walk, bend, reach
- Ability to push/pull
- Ability to lift /carry
- Ability to grasp tools
- Ability to perform Repetitive motion: wrenches and hand tools
- Working conditions: Frequently works outdoors.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is occasionally exposed to wet, hot, extreme cold and/or humid conditions; and moving mechanical parts and may be required to work in confined spaces.
- The associate works non-traditional business hours including evenings, nights, weekends, holidays and on-call.
- The associate may occasionally be required to travel to other Operating Companies or the corporate office as business needs dictate (i.e. training, business continuation, etc.).
- The associate is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places and confined spaces.
- The associate is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.