Company:US1166 FreshPoint Charlotte, Division of FreshPoint North Carolina, Inc.
Minimum Level of Education:High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience:1 Year
Employment Type:Full Time
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We’re looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
All drivers run daily routes with frequent stops and are required to load packages onto hand trucks and unload product at each stop on the assigned route in the order they are designated by the Transportation Department Manager. The candidate will operate successfully in a cross-dock model picking up a loaded truck from a nightly delivery at the assigned loading dock and return the empty truck back to the assigned lot at the end of the route. May be required to assist occasionally with loading trucks, palletizing product, and performing other duties as assigned by Supervisor or Manager.
- Provide technical, customer relations, and personnel management for major programs and projects.
- Runs routes efficiently, meeting or exceeding designated route times
- Unload product from trailer, by hand or using a hand cart, and place in designated customer storage areas. May include transporting product down ramps, stairs, or docks, in all weather conditions.
- Frequently lift, push, or move product that weighs 1-75 pounds, up to 100 pounds; frequently reach up to 72” to stack and unstack pallets and hand cart; constantly bend and twist while loading and unloading product, and retrieving items from trailer.
- Verify delivery of items with customer and obtain proper signatures. Contact management for authorization when discrepancies are on invoices. Communicate all errors/returns.
- Calls in when a customer does not receive their entire order (shorts)
- Handles any customer complaints professionally
- Handles company equipment properly, follow written driver safety rules, and performs a pre-trip inspection. Perform pre-trip and post-trip responsibilities in accordance with Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations and Sysco policies and procedures
Degrees/Certificates Minimum Required:
High School or GED or equivalent
One year route delivery experience or applicable background driving a straight truck
Valid Commercial Driver’s License – Class B (Class A preferred)
Must be able to read and understand English.
- Operate vehicle in a variety of traffic and weather conditions.
- Meet or exceed minimum productivity levels established by the Company.
- Meet or exceed established cases per error goals
- Demonstrate strong customer relations and problem resolution skills.
- Effectively plan and organize work activities independent of direct supervision.
- Develop a good working knowledge of product and inventory control techniques and procedures.
- Maintain ongoing inter-department communications related to routing, safety, and customer relations.
- Proven ability to communicate articulately and perform simple arithmetic (Experience in handling money preferred)
- Building Customer Loyalty
- Managing Work
- Building Trust
- Frequent lifting of product up to 50 lbs. during the shift, infrequent lifting up to 80 lbs.
- Must be able to climb on and off the box of the truck
- Frequent bending, squatting, pushing, and pulling
- Must be able to work in confined spaces
- Same as Driver Shuttle and Driver Domiciled
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.