Company:US0288 Sysco Knoxville, LLC
Minimum Years of Experience:1 Year
Employment Type:Full Time
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We’re looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
This is an Operations position responsible for stocking received merchandise in the appropriate location, operating and maintaining equipment associated with warehouse activity and performing other related duties as required.
- Operates electric forklift, which requires moving levers and pressing pedals to drive truck and control movement of lifting apparatus in the cooler, freezer, and dry spaces.
- Unloads/loads pallets of products using pallet jacks and forklifts.
- Stores and removes pallets of products from rack locations.
- Puts the product in overflow locations.
- Hand stacks product onto/off of pallets and into packing locations as required.
- Maintains a clean work environment by performing duties of sweeping, ice removal, scrubbing with rags and brushes, and removing trash as required.
- Transfers any leftover items to the Home slot at the end of the shift.
- Cleans up aisles and pick up leftover pallets at the end of the shift.
- Performs duties of order selector as needed.
- Less than high school education.
- 1 year of warehouse distribution experience.
- Forklift experience is preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations
- Pallet Jack and Forklift Certification from Sysco.
- Adapts to changes in the work environment; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Follows instructions, responds to management direction.
- Inspires the trust of others.
- Works with integrity and ethically.
- Upholds organizational values.
- Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming.
- Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles.
- Measures self against standard of excellence.
- Follows policies and procedures.
- Uses time efficiently.
- ATactfully approaches others
- Displays accuracy and thoroughness.
- Looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
- Applies feedback to improve performance.
- Observes safety and security procedures.
- Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives.
- Ability to read a limited number of two and three-syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers.
- Capable of printing and speaking simple sentences.
- Can add, subtract, multiply and divide into all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Computer skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.
- Must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 -80 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regularly exposed to wet, hot, extreme cold and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts.
- Frequently exposed to high, precarious places.
- Occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.