Company:US3270 Sygma Kansas City, a Division of The Sygma Network, Inc
Minimum Level of Education:None
Minimum Years of Experience:0-1 Years
Employment Type:Full Time
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We’re looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
Ensures accurate and timely payroll processing for SYGMA associates.
- Gathers, organizes, reviews and processes driver’s daily paperwork (e.g. driver logs, fuel receipts, ETA reports, vehicle inspections) to ensure records are complete and accurate according to established company standards.
- Prepares driver payroll (e.g. weekly payroll, bonus information) and enters into Excel, submits to corporate on a timely basis.
- Enters paid time off for all drivers and non-exempt associates into payroll system to ensure associates are paid correctly for time off.
- Calculates incentives and processes them to be paid.
- Works assigned schedule; exhibits regular and predictable attendance and works overtime as required to meet workload demands; performs other duties as assigned by Management.
- REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE:
- A high school diploma, general education degree (GED, or equivalent degree plus 1-2 years data entry experience is required; previous experience in a high volume, route delivery operation is strongly preferred.
- Previous experience with Department of Transportation requirements and AS/400 knowledge is preferred.
CERTIFICATIONS AND/OR TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Knowledge of: DOT Regulations, Microsoft operating system, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, AS400
Skill in: internal Customer Service
Ability to: work quickly, efficiently and independently; multi-task; prioritize; be detail oriented; meet deadlines in a pressured situation; communicate effectively with other associates and customers and develop good working relationships; listen; adapt to change; problem solve; operate a computer, printer, copier, fax machine; read, comprehend, write and speak English.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to sit, talk and hear. The associate is frequently required to stand, walk, bend, use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms. The associate is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, coach or crawl and may have to lift up to 40 pounds occasionally. Specific vision abilities that may be required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of the job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is primarily working in an office environment in a controlled atmosphere building; the noise level is usually moderately quiet.
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that the duties and responsibilities listed are the only tasks to be performed by the associate in this job. The associate will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description supersedes prior job descriptions. When duties and responsibilities change and develop, the job description will be reviewed and is subject to changes of business necessity.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.