Company:US3084 The SYGMA Network, Inc.
Minimum Level of Education:Bachelor’s Degree
Minimum Years of Experience:4 Years
Employment Type:Full Time
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We’re looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
Analyze and maintain proper inventory levels on products to meet customer needs and contractual requirements in a manner that is most efficient and cost-effective for the customer and SYGMA. The effectiveness of this position directly impacts service levels to our customers and SYGMA’s operating costs.
- Provide technical, customer relations, and personnel management for major programs and projects.
- Analyze inventory to ensure proper stocking levels and maintain optimal service standards.
- Communicating closely with distribution centers and account administration to help ensure operational efficiency and profitability.
- Review forecasts, shelf-life, promos, transit time and buying brackets to calculate and place purchase orders for assigned buying load.
- Analyze data and review reports to prevent and reduce overstock conditions, slow-moving and obsolete inventory
- Troubleshoot inbound Supply Chain to ensure timely delivery by reviewing appointments, confirmations, and logistical data.
- Evaluate freight income and purchasing volumes to maximize logistics revenue.
- Communicate with the logistics department to implement profitable lanes.
- Identify and resolve opportunities throughout the supply chain involving customers, vendors and distribution centers.
- Occasional air travel to distribution centers to observe a physical inventory
Bachelor Degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience
4 years of purchasing experience or a related field if no degree
- Ability to communicate clearly with centers, suppliers, customers and other business contacts via telephone and email.
- High level of analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent follow-up ability with attention to detail.
- Must be able to deal with high-pressure situations.
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities.
- Work is primarily sedentary in nature
- Much of the time involves using a keyboard for email communication
Must be able to read at distances close to the eyes, with or without correction
- Most of the day is spent in a comfortable office environment
- Occasional travel may be required by air and personal vehicle
Personal Computer, Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, Fax, A/S 400 Computer system
License or Certification:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.