Company:US1168 FreshPoint Nashville, Division of FreshPoint Tomato, LLC
Minimum Level of Education:Associate’s Degree
Minimum Years of Experience:3 Years
Employment Type:Full Time
Travel Percentage:Up to 25%
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We’re looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
The Manager, Outbound is responsible for directing and coordinating activities of outbound warehouse workers engaged in selecting, loading, stacking, checking and shipping foodservice and food-related products by performing the following duties (below) personally or through subordinate supervisors.
- Provide technical, customer relations, and personnel management for major programs and projects
- General Management – responsible for all nightshift operations. Plans and monitors ways to reduce shrink. Works with HR to develop policies/procedures to help nightshift operate more efficiently and productively
- Operations Management – develops and promotes goals and objectives, maintains communications with other departments (sales, transportation) analyzes and identifies solutions to issues with night warehouse operations, works with Inventory Manager to maximize utilization of slots and cube, optimize travel time for picks
- Warehouse Function Management – oversees order selection and loading (monitors to meet customer special specifications)
- Human Resource Management – assesses training needs, provides training to staff, evaluate employee performance, provide feedback and coaching, employee relations – disciplinary action. Review team’s CMP’s regularly to ensure they are on track to meet their goals.
- Safety and Security Management – ensures FreshPoint Safe policies and procedures are implemented and followed. Reduce/eliminate injuries, damage and loss to product and equipment
Associates Degree (Bachelor’s Degree in related discipline preferred)
3 years operations/warehouse experience in shipping and receiving the perishable product, a minimum of 1-year supervisory experience and/or a combination of education, supervisory and industry experience
Knowledge of shipping practice and procedures, planning, organizing analyzing, knowledge of inventory software (AS400), Microsoft office applications (word & excel)
Decision Making Authority
Most important decisions made fully independently:
- Counsel employees with corrective actions
- Assign daily task
- Enforce compliance on all safety policies
- Reject product with inferior quality on inbound
- Personnel schedule changes
Most important decisions made with review and approval of other individuals or supervisors (include the reviews/approvals required):
Headcount increases and Terminations.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.