Company:US1119 FreshPoint Denver, Inc.
Minimum Level of Education:High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience:2 Years
Employment Type:Full Time
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We’re looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
The purpose of the Maintenance Technician position is to perform routine maintenance, sanitation duties and other jobs assigned. Assist with material handling equipment and facility repairs.
- Each employee is responsible for the food safety and quality of our products
- Complete preventive maintenance on all equipment and machinery within the facility, as noted in the equipment manufacturer’s guidelines
- Visually inspect and test machinery to detect malfunction. Communicate equipment problems to operations staff as needed
- Diagnose problems and repair defective machines and equipment with new or repaired parts, following the specifications set forth in manuals, schematics, and wiring diagrams.
- Set up and break-down of Food Processing equipment
- Building maintenance repairs and up-keep (plumbing repairs, blocked drains, changing lamps & ballasts, light remodeling, etc.)
- Material Handling Equipment: Assist with preventative maintenance/repairs and battery watering services on downtime
- Able to work night shift and an occasional Saturday
- Complete other duties as assigned
Other Functions and Responsibilities:
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written and oral form
- To know and understand the company’s safety and health goals and its objectives.
- Assist the company in achieving these goals by participating in the safety program
- Demonstrate proper operation of equipment and tools as needed to ensure employee safety and compliance of all OSHA guidelines
- To give a written report of unsafe conditions or unsafe acts to management
- To report all accidents, injuries or illnesses to my supervisor immediately
- Perform other duties assigned
- Troubleshooting: Able to determine causes of operating errors and decide on the most effective and efficient course of action to repair
- Mechanical Ability: Must be able to read and understand all electrical and mechanical schematic and diagrams
- Must have knowledge of single and three phases electric, AC, DC high and low voltages
- Repairing: Ability to work on equipment or systems using various types of hand tools, measuring and testing instruments, etc
- Equipment Maintenance: Able to perform routine preventative maintenance on equipment and determine the proper type of corrective maintenance needed
- Food Processing Equipment: Experience with Food Processing Equipment is a plus
- Vacuum Packaging: Experience with RollStock and Repak machines is a plus
- Tool Use and Organization: Maintain tools and maintenance equipment in working order and maintenance room and work areas in neat condition
High school diploma or GED
2+ years’ experience in facility maintenance/preventative equipment maintenance preferred
- Possess the ability to learn various software programs associated with the facility
- Possess strong technical, mechanical and analytical skills
- Possess the ability to interact and communicate with all staff and management in English
- Able to deal with difficult situations, resolve issues and concerns in a professional manner
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel crouch, climb, use ladders, and perform various types of manual labor.
- Occasionally, the employee may be required to lift up to 70 pounds sometimes
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to extreme heat and cold temperatures and sometimes wet conditions
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.