Company:US3089 Sygma San Antonio, a Division of The Sygma Network, Inc
Minimum Level of Education:High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience:2 Years
Employment Type:Full Time
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We’re looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
This is an operations position responsible for performing clerical duties within the transportation department including maintaining all regulatory compliance as required by the Department of Transportation (DOT).
- Gather, organize and process driver daily paperwork, logs, manifest, vehicle inspection, etc.
- Answer phones, route calls and take messages.
- Research operation challenges, order supplies, liaison between office and operations
- Respond to delivery associate issues and provide support for a resolution.
- Process inbound freight paperwork weekly.
- Primary contact for any inbound freight issues.
- Run daily reports for operations supervisors (i.e. observations, vehicle tracking, etc.)
- Perform all other tasks as assigned by supervision or management.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- 2 years of prior customer service experience preferred.
- 2 years’ distribution/transportation experience in a high volume, route delivery operation preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations
- Valid driver's license with a driving record that meets the company's insurability standards.
- Strong leadership, analytical and motivational skills.
- Knowledge of D.O.T. regulations.
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills.
- Expertise in Windows operating system and utilizing Excel and Word.
- Understanding of Manpower scheduling.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk and hear.
- The employee may have to lift up to 40 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities that may be required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.