Company:US0012 Sysco Baltimore, LLC
Minimum Level of Education:High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience:3 Years
Employment Type:Full Time
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We’re looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
$3,000 Sign on bonus and $600 tool allowance per calendar year. The average starting rate is $25/hr. We're also hiring Fleet Tech I's and Fleet Tech III's! Check out our other Baltimore openings today!
To provide safe, reliable and cost-efficient vehicles by performing quality preventive maintenance inspections and repairs as well as performing expert diagnosis and repair as required to prevent breakdowns on road, reduce vehicle downtime and improve total fleet reliability.
- Perform required inspections and preventive maintenance on vehicles and equipment with in planned time tolerances to maximize the safety, reliability, and cost efficiency throughout the life cycle of the fleet.
- Perform FAI/CVI (Annual) inspections on all fleet vehicles including tractors, trailers, converter dollies, light-duty vehicles, and any other company-owned equipment in accordance with all federal, state and local legal and regulatory agencies. (Includes all state-required inspections and frequencies).
- Perform quality preventive maintenance inspections per company methods on all fleet vehicles including tractors, trailers, converter dollies, lift-gates, light-duty vehicles, and any other company-owned equipment.
- Perform quality maintenance repairs as required to maximize safety and reliability on all fleet vehicles including tractors, trailers, converter dollies, lift-gates, light-duty vehicles, and any company-owned equipment.
- Address all Driver Vehicle Inspection Report write ups timely, and efficiently.
- Diagnose cause of any malfunction and perform repairs to manufacturer specifications including but not limited to engines, transmissions and clutches, drive-line, differential, steering and suspension, fuel and ignition system, exhaust systems (including regeneration systems), intake systems, electrical systems, brake systems, HVAC systems and lift-gate hydraulic, mechanical and electrical systems.
- Follow procedures including documenting all work performed on work orders.
- Learn and develop efficiency in Sysco computer programs
- Proficient in electrical meter testing
- Knowledge of controls and electric (DC (distribution center) low voltage
- Electric motor knowledge (DC)
- Complete electrical repairs and welding projects as needed.
- Medium / Heavy Duty truck technical training
- High school diploma or GED required
- 2-year school and 1 year of experience or 3 years of experience in fleet maintenance and repair
- Current and valid driver's license.
Certifications, Licenses, and Registrations
- Annual Inspector Certification, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Brake Inspector Certification, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- ASE certifications; Automotive or Medium/Heavy Duty Trucks (Preferred, Not Required)
- 609 HVAC Certification
- Working knowledge of computer-based diagnostic software for OEM's and component manufacturers
- Must provide own and provide all tools (diagnostic equipment and major tools provided by Sysco) necessary to perform all maintenance repair and diagnostics
- Expert knowledge and skill of all vehicle systems and components
- Moderate knowledge and skill in diagnosis and repair of electrical systems on all equipment
- Moderate knowledge and skill in Preventive Maintenance Inspections and repair
- Basic knowledge and skill in welding and cutting (gas, electric, MIG, TIG)
- Basic computer skills and knowledge
- Moderate knowledge of all DOT (FMCSA) regulations
- Basic knowledge of OSHA safety regulations
- Basic knowledge of environmental regulations
- The employee is Repair work requires excellent hand and finger dexterity used for wrenches, hand tools, and other shop equipment.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to operate various pieces of equipment
- Ability to stand, sit, walk, bend, reach
- Ability to push/pull
- Ability to lift /carry
- Ability to grasp tools
- Ability to perform Repetitive motion: wrenches and hand tools
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear.
The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms.
The employee is frequently required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend or crawl.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit and must frequently lift and/or move up to 100 lbs.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is occasionally exposed to wet, hot, extreme cold and/or humid conditions; and moving mechanical parts and may be required to work in confined spaces.
- The associate works non-traditional business hours including evenings, nights, weekends, holidays and on-call.
- The associate may occasionally be required to travel to other Operating Companies or the corporate office as business needs dictate (i.e. training, business continuation, etc.).
- The associate is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places and confined spaces.
- The associate is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Frequently works outdoors.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.