Company:US3090 Sygma Illinois, a Division of The Sygma Network, Inc
Minimum Level of Education:High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience:1 Year
Employment Type:Full Time
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We’re looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
Maintain goodwill and effectiveness with customers and staff. Processes and follows up with customer’s incoming calls, researches and responds to questions and problems, and arranges for special customer shipments.
- Receive inquiries, orders, and complaints from customers
- Investigate various sources for information and answer inquiries in writing or by phone, depending on the urgency
- Contact other personnel in other departments when follow-up is necessary.
- Input customer orders into the IBM mainframe.
- Analyze incoming orders to ensure proper identification of merchandise; correct order code, customer number, item count and a number of cases ordered; special instructions on orders pertaining to shipping, pick-ups, etc.
- Initiate credit memos and billing adjustments as required.
- Run computer reports, i.e. picks, labels, credit memos, invoices.
- Creates query reports as requested.
- Other duties as assigned by Management.
- Enter special orders, add-ons, quicksand will call into a computer system.
- Print and process all paperwork and picking labels associated with a specific order or a route of orders.
- Interact with transportation and warehouse to ensure that all paperwork is received in a timely manner so that load times and departure times can be met.
- Print any reports on the output queues and distribute them to the appropriate person or persons.
- Perform daily and weekly backups of the AS/400 and PC Network computer systems, including “Mid Day” and “Day Close.”
- Monitor inventory levels as orders are taken and notify department supervisor as needed
- Apprises all necessary personnel of potential mark outs or product substitutions.
- Reviews load capacity reports with transportation and makes route adjustments.
- A high school diploma/GED
- Prefer 6 months of customer service experience
- 1 year of data entry experience.
- Good people skills
- Well organized and detail-oriented
- Work is primarily sedentary in nature.
- More than half the day is spent on data entry.
- Must be able to communicate via telephone and in-person to shippers, vendors, customers, and other company personnel.
- Some lifting and filing are required.
- Must be able to read text that is close and at a distance with or without correction.
- Must be able to perform manual task, hear, sit, reach, lift, bend, and interact with others.
- Most of the day is spent in an office environment.
- General office equipment including but not limited to a calculator, copier, facsimile machine, CRT, PC computer and printer.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.