Company:US3090 Sygma Illinois, a Division of The Sygma Network, Inc
Minimum Level of Education:High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience:3 Years
Employment Type:Full Time
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We’re looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
This position will oversee the maintenance of all fleet and facility components of the operation. Primary responsibility will be to control costs while providing the best possible maintenance programs to ensure equipment reliability and employee safety.
- Manage the day to day performance of third-party contract fleet maintenance provider and building maintenance.
- Responsible for profit and loss (P&L) budget, including maintenance, parts purchases, and renovations.
- Manage all personnel in the maintenance department including hiring, handling personnel issues, reviewing performance, conducting training and coaching sessions, and termination if necessary.
- Manage regulatory compliance for distribution center.
- Follow-up on all warranty issues and lease issues through distribution services and the manufacturers.
- Oversee and coordinate all building maintenance projects, upgrades, new construction, repairs, additions, security-related matters, and all equipment monitoring and control.
- High school diploma.
- 4-year degree.
- 3 years experience in tractor/trailer/warehouse equipment/refrigeration maintenance (HSD with a 4-year degree).
- 5 years of related experience
- Must have a complete understanding of license and permit requirements as well as tax issues that pertain to the fleet.
- Work is primarily sedentary.
- Frequent standing and bending are required when checking equipment.
- Communicate primarily via telephone, with vendors, manufacturers, customers, and company personnel.
- You must be able to read text that is close and at a distance with or without correction.
- The office is situated in the warehouse.
- Activities occur both inside (protection from weather conditions but not temperature changes) and outside.
- PC, Microsoft Office programs including Excel and Word.
All position requirements are subject to reasonable modification to accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities.
Some position requirements may exclude qualified individuals who pose a direct threat of significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This description does not state or imply that these are the only duties to be performed by the person in this position. Employees will be required to follow and perform any other job-related instruction and duties by their supervisor.
This document is not intended to create an employment contract, implied or otherwise; rather employment is on an at-will basis.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.