Company:US0288 Sysco Knoxville, LLC
Minimum Level of Education:High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience:1 Year
Employment Type:Full Time
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We’re looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
This is an Operations position responsible for managing the activities associated with inbound and outbound warehouse operations. Responsibilities include but are not limited to, managing activities related to product receiving, product replenishment, order selection, order loading, expense and revenue management, ensuring abidance of government regulations, providing management and direction to warehouse staff and ensuring safety and security of the inbound and outbound warehouse departments.
- Manages the daily work and safety of Inbound and Outbound Warehouse managers, supervisors and other associates.
- Ensures the efficient management of labor hours and consumable supplies within budget and work schedules including extra work days and shifts as needed.
- Supervises the proper selection, purchase, and utilization of Company assets in support of warehouse operations.
- Coordinates with other departments as necessary to ensure upgrades and repairs are completed efficiently and effectively.
- Develops business relationships to ensure communication and efficient operations with third-party vendors, including but not limited to lumping services. Maintains current certificate of insurance and hold harmless agreements for all contracted vendors.
- Reviews the management of shipping and loading audits daily ensuring all required documentation is accurately completed (including HAACP, food safety, and catch-weight documentation) and that material is handled and stored correctly with a minimum potential for loss.
- Suggests efficiency ideas, cost reduction measures and assists with the implementation of changes within inbound and outbound warehouse operations.
- Identifies problems and proposes solutions to other members of management and promotes cooperation with other departments.
- Assures the use and updating of receiving, selection and loading software systems.
- Preserves associate relations through regular department or pre-shift meetings.
- Maintains on-going interaction.
- Keeps open communication channels with associates by answering questions and explaining policies and procedures.
- Monitors associate morale.
- Submits and responds to ideas to improve associate engagement and enablement.
- Interprets trains and consistently enforces Company policies and procedures.
- Organizes efforts with the Safety department to aid in training, conducting associate observations, up-dating preferred work methods, conducting accident investigations to determine root causes and routine safety inspections.
- Makes recommendations for disciplinary action and/or behavior modification where required.
- Executes management functions of staff selection, development, discipline, performance reviews and/or terminations.
- Performs the duties of associates supervised and other related duties as needed.
- Complies with local, state and federal regulatory agencies (i.e. OSHA, AIB, FDA, USDA, etc.)
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- 2 or 4-year college degree in Business Management, Supply Chain Management or similar major preferred.
- 1-3 years related experience and/or training.
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations
- Obtain a Powered Industrial Equipment Certification from Sysco within 3 months.
- Ability to read, comprehends, write and speak English.
- Able to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Capable of writing reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Can add, subtracts, multiply, and divides into all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Demonstrate knowledge of spreadsheet software and Word Processing software, and ability to learn Sysco technology software and programs.
- Must have excellent computer skills.
- Successfully engage and lead individual and team discussions and meetings.
- Apply all relevant policies in a consistent, timely and objective manner.
- Capable of working with peers and associates from other departments, operating companies, and Corporate proactively and constructively
- Work in a disciplined manner and capable of following established procedures, practices and comply with local, state and federal regulations.
- Manage the pressures and stress associated with a deadline-oriented atmosphere and customer service issues.
- Display skill in making an independent decision in support of company policies and procedures on time.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Regularly required to talk or hear.
- Frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and climb or balance.
- Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regularly exposed to wet, hot, extreme cold and/or humid conditions; and moving mechanical parts.
- The associate works non-traditional business hours including evenings, nights, weekends, holidays and on-call.
- May occasionally be required to travel to other Operating Companies or the corporate office as business needs dictate (i.e. training, business continuation, etc.).
- Occasionally exposed to high, precarious places.
- Periodically exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job.
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that the duties and responsibilities listed are the only tasks to be performed by the associate in this job. The associate will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
This job description supersedes prior job descriptions. When duties and responsibilities change and develop, the job description will be reviewed and is subject to changes of business necessity.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.