Company:US2160 Sysco Guest Supply, LLC
Minimum Level of Education:Bachelor’s Degree
Minimum Years of Experience:5 Years
Employment Type:Full Time
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We’re looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
The Operations Manager is responsible for managing and directing daily inbound and outbound warehouse operations including but not limited to product receiving, product replenishment, order selection, order loading, facility expense, and revenue management and adherence to company policies and government regulations while ensuring superior customer service and the safety & security of the designated facility.
- Manage the daily workload and safety of Warehouse Supervisors and associates
- Review and set priorities to ensure orders are correct, complete and leave on time to ensure excellent customer service
- Manage the proper selection, purchase, and utilization of Company assets in support of warehouse operations
- Coordinate with other departments as necessary to ensure upgrades and repairs are completed efficiently and effectively
- Proactively look ahead to meet/exceed anticipated workloads
- Establish and implement processes and systems to efficiently meet inventory management goals and work with the Regional Director to help improve service levels for the facility, region, and the company
- Suggest efficiency ideas, cost reduction measures and assist with the implementation of changes with inbound and outbound warehouse operations
- Identify problems and propose solutions to other members of management and promote cooperation with other departments
- Daily review shipping and loading audits ensuring all required documentation are accurately completed and material is handled and stored correctly with minimum potential for loss
- Ensure day to day management and associate activities are in alignment with a safety strategy
- Maintain a safe and healthy work environment
- Direct, coordinate and monitor the daily activities & performance of Operations team to assure compliance of standard Company policies, procedures, quality, and safety
- Coach and develop a team in balancing the delivery of high productivity, quality and customer service
- Maintain a positive and safe work environment
- Oversee employee relations and participate in staff selection, performance and compensation evaluations, corrective action and terminations, as necessary
- Establish performance goals, monitor progress and provide feedback as necessary
- Manage employee performance through motivation, delegation, development, mentoring and resolving conflict
- Take corrective action as necessary on a timely basis and in accordance with company policy
- Provide and/or coordinate training as needed
- Consult with Human Resources Department as appropriate
- Conduct regular department meetings to foster employee engagement, communicate any changes to company policies and procedures, address employee concerns, foster idea-sharing and suggestions for improvement
Bachelor’s Degree required or 10+ years’ equivalent education and experience.
- 5-7 years of related operations and management experience in a warehouse or distribution environment
- Must be familiar with OSHA regulations
- Strong understanding of budgeting and the ability to interrupt P&Ls.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and professional interactive skills are necessary to perform at a high degree of proficiency
- Ability to effectively write reports, present information and respond to questions from suppliers, customers, management and inter-department staff
- Capable of working with internal staff from other departments in a proactive and constructive manner
- Strong leadership skills, including the ability to mentor and develop individuals and teams
- Able to engage and lead team discussions and meetings. Understands team dynamics and works well within a team structure
- Collaborative management style and a strategic team player
- Delegates responsibilities effectively
- A mastery of organizational and project management skills, including the ability to plan, prioritize and execute multiple initiatives/deadlines autonomously and shift priorities as necessary.
- Able to manage large, complex projects.
- Uses time effectively and able to work independently
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Ability to build working relationships with internal business partners, vendors, and customers
- Customer Service – Respond promptly to requests for service and assistance as needed. Follow up as needed
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner. Expertise in gathering and analyzing information skillfully. Develops alternative solutions
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions.
- Exhibits sound and accurate judgment. Makes timely decisions
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner. Reacts well under pressure. Follows through on commitments
- Detail Oriented – Attention to details and accuracy
- Ability to understand and execute all relevant policies and procedures in a consistent, timely and objective manner
- Strong understanding of financial concepts (including pricing and forecasting)
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time. Ensures work responsibilities and customer requirements are covered when absent. Arrives at meetings and appointments on time
- Proficient use of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Project, and Outlook) required
- Familiarity with High Jump, People Soft, Voice Recognition, and RF devices preferred
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical, mental, and environmental conditions in which the work is performed. The demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and other office & warehouse equipment and telephone to talk and hear
- The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms and may occasionally lift up to 25 pounds and/or move up to 200 pounds with assistance
- This position will primarily work in a warehouse environment and may be exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, cold or elevated ambient temperature, moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals and outside weather conditions
- The noise level in the work environment is moderate and the environment fast-paced
- Travel (approx. 10%) may be required to visit other Warehouses Distribution Centers and office locations, customer meetings, company events, staff meetings, training sessions, and/or industry or vendor trade shows
- May be required to utilize personal vehicle for business travel that may result in long periods of sitting
- Must maintain a valid driver's license and provide proof of current automobile insurance coverage as set forth by Sysco
- This position may require evening, weekend or other shift work depending on business needs
This job description indicates in general terms, the type and level of work performed as well as the typical responsibilities of employees in this classification. The duties described are not to be interpreted as being all-inclusive to any specific employee. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions of the job. Nothing in this position description changes the at-will employment relationship existing between the Company and its employees. This job description supersedes prior job descriptions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.