Company:US0067 Sysco Houston (Division of USA I)
Minimum Level of Education:High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience:0-1 Years
Employment Type:Full Time
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We’re looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
This position is located at 10710 Greens Crossing BLVD, Houston, TX 77038
This is an Operations position responsible for performing the computer keying of all maintenance records and repairs on fleet equipment into the maintenance software, answering phone calls from delivery associates and vendors regarding breakdowns, parts ordered, parts deliveries, fuel deliveries, and other fleet maintenance related duties.
- Input all purchase orders into maintenance software.
- Enter all work orders into maintenance software.
- Direct phone calls to the fleet managers or others as needed.
- Identify problems and propose solutions to other members of management for improved shop efficiency.
- Work directly and indirectly with other departments within Sysco.
- Maintain and review the inventory of parts and supplies.
- Analyze prices from vendors.
- Work with maintenance tracking software to ensure all equipment is scheduled for preventative maintenance (PM) and other maintenance as needed.
- Assign backhaul pickups throughout the day.
- Receive incoming calls from drivers, associates, and customers and be able and willing to answer all questions.
- Keep management informed of all activities concerning the Operations department.
- High school diploma or General Education Development (GED) or equivalent, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 1-3 months related experience and/or training.
- Data Entry experience.
- SAP preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations
- Valid Driver License with a "clean" driving record (including no single DUI in the last 3 years and no multiple DUIs within the last 7 years)
- Basic personal computer (PC) skills and proficiency with MS Outlook.
- Use of 10-key by touch.
- Strong listening and communication skills.
- Ability to plan and organize work tasks for maximum efficiency.
- Able to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Can add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's.
- Apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Knowledge of Internet software; Spreadsheet software and Microsoft Word.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Regularly required to sit and talk or hear.
- Frequently required to walk and use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Occasionally required to stand and reach with hands and arms.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.