Company:US1319 European Imports, Inc.
Minimum Level of Education:High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience:1 Year
Employment Type:Full Time
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We’re looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
The AP (Accounts Payable) Representative assists the Lead AP Representative by accurately reconciling vendor account statements and processes vendor invoices and credit memos ensuring timely payment to suppliers.
- Develop and maintain relationships with suppliers AR personnel to facilitate timely receipt of invoices and account statements from the vendor and ensuring accurate and timely payment to the vendor.
- Ensure timely processing of assigned vendor’s invoices with continued emphasis on
- maximizing early pay discounts.
- Ensure vendor credit memos are entered timely and used as quickly as possible.
- Complete assigned vendor reconciliations under quarterly vendor reconciliation checklist and adhering to monthly deadlines.
- Attend department and company meetings as scheduled.
- Set up vendor cards in the AP (Accounts Payable) system for new vendor assignments as well as maintain/update vendor records for all assigned vendors as appropriate.
- Prepare vendor checks for mailing.
- Ensure vendor problems are handled promptly.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or General Education Development (GED) or equivalent.
- One or more years’ experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Personal computer experience and proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel
- Able to the operation of office equipment such as computers, telephones, facsimile machines, 10-key calculators, etc.
- Previous accounts payable experience.
- Basic bookkeeping knowledge.
- Ability to write short correspondence.
- Ability to accurately spell.
- Ability to speak and write English in a clear, understandable manner.
- Ability to accurately follow detailed procedures and processes.
- Ability to work accurately in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people.
- Ability to work comfortably under pressure.
- Ability to prioritize and work multiple tasks and exceeds deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and with a group on various on-going projects simultaneously.
- Effectively communicate with internal and external customers (management, co-workers, vendors, and customers.)
- Ability to concentrate for extended periods.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must have the ability to carry out instructions furnished in both oral and written form
- Ability to plan and organize time and projects efficiently.
- Ability to exchange and furnish information requiring detailed explanations and maintain active discussions with customers and other workgroups.
- Maintain a professional working relationship with customers and co-workers at all times.
- Ability to act in an ethical, honest and professional manner at all times.
- Desire to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Maintain discretion with all company information regarding customers, pricing, products, and procedures.
- Must be able to sit for prolonged periods.
- Must be able to bend, reach and stoop occasionally to reach file cabinets, boxes, etc.
- Must be able to look at a computer screen for prolonged periods and type.
- Requires the ability to read written instructions, reports and other documentation.
- The employee must occasionally lift, carry and/or move up to 30 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The employee frequently is required to talk or hear.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually light to moderate.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.