Company:US0164 Sysco Gulf Coast, Inc.
Minimum Level of Education:High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience:0-1 Years
Employment Type:Full Time
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We’re looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
This is an Operations position responsible for loading pre-assembled merchandise/pallets and master containers for shipment or transporting on delivery vehicles as directed under general supervision.
- Loads and unloads shipments as required, constant lifting of boxes weighing up to 100 pounds each.
- Loads trucks according to truck mapping and special instructions.
- Packs product in a manner to avoid damages and maintain load stability to ensure driver safety.
- Wraps pallets by machine or hand to ensure stability.
- Unloads and cleans out trucks as necessary
- Operates stock trucks and mechanical jacks throughout the plant constantly in a safe manner.
- Prepares products for shipment under general supervision by weighing, handling and transporting as necessary.
- Marks, addresses, loads, and packs product for proper delivery and condition.
- Hand loads product onto trucks as required
- Complies with all safety regulations and standards.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
- 3 months of warehouse experience preferred.
- 3 months experience operating an electric pallet jack or forklift preferred.
- Previous experience at Sysco or in foodservice industry preferred.
- Must be 18+ years of age
- Must pass pre-employment testing (Drug Screen, Background Check, Physical Abilities Test)
- Safety Awareness.
- Quality Orientation.
- Managing Work.
- Able to read, write and communicate effectively, as it relates to the job and the safety regulations.
An individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty listed below. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.