Company:US3348 Sygma Dallas/Ft Worth, a Division of The Sygma Network, Inc
Minimum Level of Education:High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience:1 Year
Employment Type:Full Time
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We’re looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
Controls and monitors freight and inventory levels using the most cost-effective methods. Also may provide clerical and administrative support to warehouse management in regards to inventory control and maintain SWAT systems. Provides assistance to Inventory Control Supervisor and Warehouse Manager
- Provide for monitoring and inspection of produce at the dock to ensure quality standards are met and quantity is correct
- Responsible for daily physical cycle counts on frozen, cooler, and dry product
- Keep Warehouse Manager/Supervisor informed, as needed, of potential problems and changes
- Complete inventory and warehouse reports on a daily basis
- Assist and coordinate all physical inventories as called for under SYGMA guidelines and directives
- Works closely with all departments regarding merchandise received, new items, all inventories, to assure a continuous flow of information
- Adhere to cycle count program
- Adhere it Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) and
Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) Guidelines
- Other duties as assigned by Management
Additional Duties May be Assigned
- Conduct aisle audits
- Responsible for salvage/damage recoups
- Assist with all inventory adjustments
- Assist inventory control supervisor with slot maintenance, stock transfers, and physical inventories
- Assist inventory control supervisor with purchasing activities such as overstocks, shorts supply, inconsistent buying and out of stocks
- Interface with purchasing, warehouse, inventory, and customer service
- Highlight problem areas for follow-up by the necessary department
- Research credits to find out the reason the credit was given
- Perform VCB’s when necessary
- Occasionally schedule inbound loads to accommodate receiving staff
A high school diploma/GED plus 1-year warehousing experience is required.
The position also requires the ability to operate a 10-key touchpad.
Prefer 3-4 years of warehouse experience.
- Work is medium in nature.
- You must be able to safely lift up to 50-70 lbs. occasionally.
- Position requires extended periods of walking and sitting, and occasional periods of pulling, squatting, and reaching up to a 4 – 7-foot level.
- You must be able to communicate clearly with shippers and employees both in person and over the phone.
- Substantial key entry, paperwork, and some filing are required.
Mental/ Visual Demand
You must be able to read text that is close and at a distance with or without correction.
In addition, you must be able to perform manual tasks, hear, sit, reach, lift, bend, and interact with others.
- Activities occur both inside (protected from weather conditions but not temperature changes) and outside.
- The employee is subjected to extreme cold during freezer work.
- Hazardous conditions may exist, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, electrical current and working in high places.
A calculator, copier, fax, PC, Microsoft Office applications, telephone and mainframe printer are typical equipment used in this position. Other warehouse and office equipment including additional computer programs may be used.
License or Certifications
Certified on warehouse equipment, possibly a forklift license
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.