Company:US0429 Doerle Foodservice, a Division of Sysco USA II
Minimum Level of Education:High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience:0-1 Years
Employment Type:Full Time
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We’re looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
The Lumper counts, stacks per Ti HI, measures, and verifies contents of shipments against lumping receipts.
- Communicate with scheduler and receivers for the daily workload.
- Offload inbound trucks (floor loaded/Pallet stacked) in a timely manner.
- Breaks down pallets according to Lumper sheets.
- Ensure Ti Hi is correct.
- Examines articles for defects and sorts of articles according to the extent of the defect.
- Manage dock space to ensure efficient work methods.
- Comply with safety policies and procedures.
- Wear required personal protective equipment.
- Complete special projects and other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) with a minimum of three (3) months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations:
- Rider pallet jack certification preferred.
- Specified shifts may be required to maintain forklift and dock stocker certifications.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operation and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to complete routine reports and correspondence and to speak effectively to clients, customers or employees.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide into all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Must be conscientious, diplomatic, and detail-oriented.
- Ability to remain calm in stressful situations (e.g., customer complaints, time pressures).
- Experience with forklift operation or other power equipment preferred.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear.
- The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear.
- The employee is frequently required to twist, bend, squat, kneel and is occasionally required to stoop, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.