Company:US0032 Sysco Southeast Florida, LLC
Minimum Level of Education:High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience:1 Year
Employment Type:Full Time
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We’re looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
This is a finance position responsible for performing cycle counts, compiling and maintaining records of quantity, type, and value of material, equipment, merchandise, and/or supplies stocked in the establishment and/or items to be returned. Researches root causes for count discrepancies. Performs quality checks and supports the product recall process. Also serves as Will-call Clerk on scheduled Saturdays.
- Ensure the integrity of the physical count of the in-house inventory via cycle counting and other duties assigned.
- Cycle counts the warehouse a minimum of four times a year, including all pick and reserve slots for discrepancies and product/packaging integrity issues.
- Performs quality checks around date sensitive, slow-moving and obsolete items via interaction with Merchandising. Performs recoup function.
- Research causes of weight variances, receiving/put away/letdown issues, and damaged product in the slots from warehouse moves.
- Proactively checks First-in First-out (FIFO) items for proper rotation.
- Confirm reserves are properly recorded and verify the count of each reserve pallet.
- Verify the put-away and transfer process performed by the day and night personnel.
- Initiate and document product transfer from the cooler to the freezer.
- Review standard management reports and research causes of inventory shrink.
- Coordinate will call orders when scheduled.
- High school degree or equivalent.
- 1-year experience preferred.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Speak effectively before groups of customers or associates of an organization.
- Must have exemplary listening skills to facilitate effective two- way communication.
- Can add, subtract, multiply, and divide into all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Solid problem-solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.