Company:US0043 Sysco Montana, Inc.
Minimum Level of Education:High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience:1 Year
Employment Type:Full Time
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We’re looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
To assist Fleet Technicians in providing safe, reliable and cost-efficient vehicles by learning to perform quality preventive maintenance inspections and repairs as well as learning to perform diagnosis and repair as required to prevent breakdowns on road, reduce vehicle downtime and improve total fleet reliability.
- Perform required inspections and preventive maintenance on vehicles and equipment (Tractors, Trailers, Convertor Dollies, Lift Gates, Light Duty Vehicles) to maximize the safety, reliability, and cost efficiency throughout the life cycle of the fleet to include, but not limited to First Article Inspection (FAI)/Commercial Vehicle Inspection (CVI) (Annual) Inspections, Perform quality preventive maintenance inspections per company methods on all fleet vehicles including tractors, trailers, converter dollies, lift-gates, light-duty vehicles, and any other company-owned equipment, perform quality maintenance repairs as required to maximize safety and reliability on all fleet vehicles including tractors, trailers, converter dollies, lift-gates, light-duty vehicles and any company-owned equipment.
- Perform maintenance repairs on all vehicles such as inspections, scheduled repairs, malfunctions and road-call repairs in a safe, efficient, and quality manner, addressing all Driver Vehicle Inspection Report (VIR) write-ups timely, efficiently and correctly the first time, diagnose cause of any malfunction and perform repairs to manufacturer specifications including but not limited to engines, transmissions and clutches, drive-line, differential, steering and suspension, fuel and ignition system, exhaust systems (including regeneration systems), intake systems, electrical systems, brake systems, Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) systems and lift-gate hydraulic, mechanical and electrical systems.
- Document all work performed on Work Order (SAP) using Complaint, Cause, and Correction Format.
- Learn and develop efficiency in all Maintenance Relates Sysco Computer programs.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Medium/Heavy Duty truck technical training 2-year school.
- Either, 1 Year Experience with 2 Year Technical Degree or 3 years experience in Fleet Maintenance and Repair.
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations
- ASE Certification ' Automotive or Medium/Heavy Duty.
- Current and Valid Drivers License, CDL-A Preferred.
- Annual Inspector Certification Knowledge Skills and Abilities.
- Brake Inspector Certification Knowledge Skills and Abilities.
- Basic Knowledge and skill of all vehicle systems and Components.
- Knowledge and skill in the diagnosis and repair of electrical systems on all equipment.
- Understanding and skill in welding and cutting (gas, electric, MIG, TIG).
- Working knowledge of Computer-based diagnostic software for OEM component mfg
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Physical demands to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend and crawl
- Vision abilities to include Close & Distance vision, color, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.