Company:US1152 Buckhead Meat of Denver, Inc.
Employment Type:Full Time
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We’re looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
- Accurately cut to trim and yield specifications as specified by information provided by cut tickets
- Provide communication to the supervisor of any discrepancies between cutting tickets and normal customer purchases
- Pull raw materials and pre-cut inventory according to code dates and report any short shelf-life items to the supervisor
- Properly label all products and equipment to conform to all legal and safety regulations
- Properly and accurately record all necessary data to produce assigned cutting yield tests
- Accurately count product inventory levels and maintain levels set forth by the supervisor
- Ensure that all product specifications are being met according to guidelines
- Maintain work areas in compliance with U.S.D.A. guidelines
- Assemble and tear down any equipment in the work area at the beginning and/or end of your shift
- Properly clean, store and maintain all knives, scales, etc. assigned to you
- Manage profitability by achieving product yields and meeting deadlines for product readiness
- Complete other duties as assigned
- To know and understand the company’s safety and health goals and its objectives. Assist the company in achieving these goals by participating in the safety program
- To help develop and follow all safe work practices
- To give a written report of unsafe conditions or unsafe acts to management
- To report all accidents, injuries or illnesses to my supervisor immediately
- Prior experience with portion cutting meat
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations and conversions to determine the amounts and sizes of products needed for orders
- Ability to read, write and communicate in the English language
- Ability to adjust to sudden changes in customer demands or operational goals
- Commitment to work until the job is completed
- Interacts well with others
- Good team player
- Customer-service oriented
Physical Demands and Working Environment
- Physical strength to lift and maneuver 50-60 pounds
- Standing, stooping and climbing are regular activities for this employee
- The employee must have the ability to negotiate throughout the production and warehouse areas unassisted without disrupting regular production and warehousing activities.
- Normal levels of eyesight and hearing after correction
- Color vision is required
- The ability to touch, feel, manipulate fingers and limbs to operate various processing and material handling equipment is necessary
- The ability to smell is required, in order to detect levels of wholesomeness and spoilage
- This position requires the candidate to be in refrigerated processing and warehouse areas
- These areas are cold and wet and exposure to moving machinery and sharp surfaces are a regular occurrence
- This is a high noise area
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.