Company:US1119 FreshPoint Denver, Inc.
Minimum Level of Education:High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience:1 Year
Employment Type:Full Time
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We’re looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
An Inventory Control Associate is responsible for managing inventory transactions, and accounting procedures relevant to Sysco’s third-party warehouses. This role is responsible for ensuring accuracy for Sysco’s third-party warehoused inventory balances to satisfy Sysco’s operating company (OpCo) purchases.
- Confirms all daily inventory transactions received from assigned third party warehouse are recorded into the RME system timely, completely and accurately in order to maintain accurate available stock balance
- Ensures that the monthly perpetual inventory reconciliation’s for assigned warehouses (both owned and consigned product) are performed timely, completely and accurately
- Processes all Operating Company product claims for assigned warehouses timely, completely and accurately
- Interacts with Business Center, Site Manager, A/P, Costing as necessary to drive results
- Conducts research to resolve inquiries and issues from OpCos, warehouses, and suppliers, etc.
- Ensures that all warehouse accepted damage and warehouse return claims are processed timely, completely and accurately
High School Diploma
- Accounting and Customer Service skills
- One Year of experience in inventory management
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty at a satisfactory level. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required for this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Proficient with MS Office (esp. Word, Excel and Outlook) required
- Ability to self-manage daily work
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to make decisions with minimal supervision
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Ability to effectively communicate among team members, to other corporate departments, and to OpCo personnel
Basic addition and subtraction.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions at a satisfactory level.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to sit for extended periods of time.
- The employee will be required to occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds at a time.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.