Company:US0056 Sysco Boston, LLC
Minimum Level of Education:High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience:0-1 Years
Employment Type:Full Time
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We’re looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
This employee controls damaged products as well as product returned to the warehouse from delivery routes.
- Review damage sheets and damaged products to see what is salvageable.
- Re-box and re-label when possible and return the product to inventory.
- Put away dry, cooler, and frozen repacks and returns, keeping slots clear of products put away in incorrect slots.
- Maintain the quality of perishable products by ensuring proper rotation, monitor expirations dates, and communicate with inventory control any concerns.
- Relay issues of short-dated product to inventory control and handle product as necessary.
- Send the product to the food bank as needed.
- Verify drivers paperwork and returned merchandise.
- Check and correct all reason codes are used on.
- Break down routes, separating adjustments and clean invoices.
- Ensure inventory accuracy by assisting Inventory Control as needed.
- Put away all returns each day.
- Sort returns and recoup salvageable product.
- Provide coverage for Driver Check-In as needed.
- Follow all Sysco Warehouse Management System (SWMS) requirements.
- Any other duties requested by supervision.
- Adhere to company safety policies and procedures.
- Comply with company high risk and sensitive items procedures.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 1-3 months related experience and/or training.
- 6 months of experience working with a StandUp Forklift.
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations
- Certification on all warehouse equipment.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Able to write simple correspondence.
- Effectively present information in one on one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Can add, subtract, multiply, and divide into all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Capable of computing rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear.
- Frequently is required to walk; sit; reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Occasionally required to climb or balance.
- Must regularly lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision and peripheral vision.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequently works near moving mechanical parts and is frequently exposed to vibration.
- Occasionally works in outside weather conditions and is occasionally exposed.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.