Company:US1158 FreshPoint Central California, Inc.
Minimum Level of Education:High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience:5 Years
Employment Type:Full Time
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We’re looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
Purchase quality products, on time, at a competitive price, so the company can grow and maintain sales and margins. Using only fully approved (Corporate) vendors and following corporate contracts.
- Review item movement to determine purchase needs, cut PO’s (purchase order), review PO (purchase order) confirmations.
- Physically review inventory daily with a larger focus on more critical/sensitive items
- Handle all credits and returns promptly to minimize shrink
- Work with pricing department, vendors and corporate to ensure all PO’s (purchase order) priced correctly
- Work with Transportation to maximize profitability.
- Coordinate with Sales to maximize the timely utilization of all inventories, maximize inventory turns and reduce inventory shrink
- Maintain the accuracy and stay up-to-date on all item maintenance, including COO (chief operating officer), local, etc.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- College degree preferred.
- 3 to 5 years purchasing in like field.
- Excel, Word, 10 key and typing at a minimum of 30 words per minute.
- Determination of how much of any given item to have on hand which can carry a great dollar value.
- Rejection of product, protection on the troubled product, inability to recover shrink, substitute items when short of stock item.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.