Company:US0018 Sysco Baraboo, LLC
Minimum Level of Education:High School or Equivalent
Employment Type:Full Time
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We’re looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
Driver Helper will be responsible for delivering orders to customers on time and in good condition while maintaining a professional demeanor along with using preferred work methods to perform the job safely and successfully while satisfying the customer.
- Load and unload the truck and/or company vehicles by hand or by use of a hand truck or dolly.
- Unload and verify all returning products with the appropriate check-in personnel.
- Pad, stack, and secure items in position to prevent damage during shipment.
- Deliver and stack merchandise on customer premises.
- May operate company non-commercial vehicle to deliver a product to the customer as directed by the Transportation Supervisor.
- Accurately count and deliver orders.
- Assist Drivers off-load products to customers.
- Able to lift up to 90 lbs. (Average case weight is 50 lbs.)
- Deliver food and related items to customers by unloading product from trailer and transporting it to a specified location.
- Work overtime as required.
- Perform a job safely and participate in on-going safety awareness efforts.
- Adhere to established work schedule and attendance standards, and be punctual to work and meetings.
- High school diploma or General Education Development (GED) or equivalent preferred.
- Two-wheel dolly experience.
- Equipment operations experience.
- Able to count money and keep account of merchandise.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Ability to lift up to 90 lbs. and climb in and out of truck throughout the day
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.