Company:US0009 Sysco Pittsburgh, LLC
Minimum Level of Education:High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience:3 Years
Employment Type:Full Time
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We’re looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
Responsible for inventory management activities which include but are not limited to exemplary customer order fulfillment while achieving days sales outstanding (DSO) goals. Support the Company's financial goals through product cost and equity management, development and support sales growth strategies, and a replenishment strategy that reduces expenses due to shrinking or spoilage. Maintains market-level key supplier relationships to drive quality and competitiveness in the Center of the Plate categories where applicable. Supports operation company (OpCo) sales staff with market information, product assortment updates, informational inquiries and delivery of product training. Drives operation company (OpCo) required category initiatives and assortment in harmony with corporate requirements.
- Manage Inventory days sales outstanding (DSO), spoilage, shrink, aged obsolete inventory discontinued items to achieve corporate goals.
- Maintain forecasting system parameters to manage demand changes customer events, business shifts, and seasonality changes
- Work with operations to maximize efficiencies in receiving and warehousing
- Effective cross-team, functional and external communication.
- Conduct local supplier reviews and negotiations using corporate best business practices
- Manage and promote local assortment within assigned categories to achieve company goals
- Execute and support product recalls as required
- Provide input, support, and guidance to the operating company (OpCo) Sales Specialist
- Execute purchasing of new items and Direct line of contact for local sales and communicate with and assist Sales on all issues
- Manage returns to suppliers, inventory allowances, truckload buys, and other operation company (OpCo) deals
- Follow and react to market conditions within established corporate and market guidelines
- Manage purchase order costing and date accuracy through confirmations and alerts
- Execute CatMan and other initiatives within the assigned category
- Negotiate/secure supplier-funded customer deviated pricing
- Manage and review item level and company earned income
- Recommend assortment additions based on changing market needs
- New item and Vendor creation
- Manage category equities and market pricing to support pricing integrity in conjunction with RevMan team
High school diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience in lieu of degree sufficient to successfully perform essential job functions.
- Strong excel skills
- 3+ years of experience
- Experience working within a retail, wholesale or distribution environment
- Strong communication skills with sales on any gaps in product service level
- Ability to work with multiple stakeholders across the enterprise
- Strong attention to details and follow up
- Ability to manage conflicts and reach quick resolution with facts & dialogue
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Proactive attitude to highlight & address issues as they arise
- Ability to manage and understand commodity purchasing dynamics
- Strong organization and planning skills
- Strong tactical replenishment execution skills
- Strong understanding of product forecasting
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Ability to understand and execute standard replenishment processes and best practices
- Ability to negotiate with suppliers to execute the inventory depletion process
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those associate encounters while performing the essential functions of the job.
- Travel 5%
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and the level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that the duties and responsibilities listed are the only tasks to be performed by the associate in this job. The associate will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job description supersedes prior job descriptions. When duties and responsibilities change and develop, the job description will be reviewed and is subject to changes of business necessity.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.