Company:US1072 Buckhead Meat Company
Minimum Level of Education:High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience:0-1 Years
Employment Type:Full Time
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We’re looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
Under general supervision, the associate will accurately and efficiently select products in the warehouse. Prepare products for shipping by stacking in an orderly and stable configuration, while maintaining a clean and safe work environment.
- Read customer order from label screen and select product by slot and description.
- Assemble customer orders from stock and place orders on pallets in the proper sequence.
- Attach labels on product.
- Properly operate an electric pallet jack (2-pallet length) to proceed to correct slot location, and transport product to dock area for staging.
- Handle products with the necessary care.
- Report any damage of merchandise, equipment or facility to a supervisor.
- Perform daily equipment checks.
- Assist in the clean-up of the facility and sign off on the daily cleaning area that the supervisor may assign.
- Sign in and out for all equipment when used.
- Use basic communication skills to understand work systems, instructions, etc.
- Adhere to all applicable GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice), personal hygiene, and SQF (Safe Quality Food) policies and procedures as described in the European Imports – Sysco Food Safety Training Manual.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
High school education or equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired is required.
Six months of prior warehouse experience is preferred.
Ability to handle up to 80 lbs.; 20 lbs. regularly is required.
General working conditions – an environment with temperatures, of 0, 35, 65 degrees and ambient temperatures.
General supervision is received from the day or night Assistant Warehouse Manager.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.