Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: FreshPoint Atlanta
Zip Code: 32013
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 2
Travel Percentage: Up to 25%
More information about this job:
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why we’re at the heart of food and service.
Basic Job Concept:
Responsible for the overall operation of the Transportation department to include: routing drivers, monitoring, and evaluating driver performance, fielding incoming phone calls, re-routing drivers when necessary, and utilizing manpower and equipment efficiently and equitably to achieve the goals of the department and satisfy the customer.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Secondary education preferred.
- Delivery driver for six (6) months, minimum.
- Prior supervisory background preferred.
- Knowledge of transportation management and DOT requirements.
- Create and manage all routes - first and second runs - for specified time deliveries.
- Create and post weekly / daily schedules to include routes and days off.
- Assure drivers are properly trained in department policies, proper attire, customer service, safety, and delivery driving ability.
- Review all routes nightly and resolve inefficiencies.
- Dispatch afternoon delivery routes.
- Route new customer accounts.
- Ensure orders go out on time and the on the correct day.
- Ensure driver pre/post trip forms are filled out correctly and filed daily.
- Work closely with other departments to assure excellent customer service is provided.
- Conduct monthly department meetings.
- Provide Accounting department and vendors readings of reefers and odometers.
- Ensure drivers’ logs are completed daily, and in advance of next business day.
- Work with Merchandising regarding pick-ups that are requested.
- Answer incoming calls from the drivers and re-route when necessary.
- Assist in conducting and completing all DOT requirements, i.e. physicals, drug screens, etc., as needed.
- Monitor safety compliance.
- Perform other tasks as directed by managers.
- May be required to run delivery trucks.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this job.
- Valid Class A or B Commercial Driver License (Class A preferred).
- Ability to motivate, train, discipline and develop delivery drivers.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to handle crisis situations effectively.
- Basic knowledge of computer programs and functions including Windows, Microsoft Office and AS400 applications.
The Physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. An individual should contact his or her supervisor or the human resources department if he or she believes that an accommodation is needed.
- Stand for extended periods of time, bend, stoop, reach, push, pull, squat, turn body, and walk.
- Lift and move cases (selecting product and placing on a pallet) ranging in weight up to 75 lbs continuously to and from heights ranging from floor to knee, waist, shoulder, and overhead.
- Use hands and fingers to peel and stick labels on cases.
- Handle and feel objects and/or equipment controls; reach with hands and arms.
- Must have the ability to talk and hear; hear warning horns on moving machinery and equipment.
- Specific vision abilities required to perform this job include close and distance vision, depth perception, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Must exhibit a high level of endurance, energy, and strength to successfully perform position.
- Must be able to climb on and off the box of the truck.
- Able to drive Class B straight truck (including 5 and 6 speeds).
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. regularly during a work shift and up to 80 lbs. occasionally.
- Must be able to operate standard office equipment: computer, printer, copier and fax.
While performing the duties of this job, an associate regularly works near moving mechanical apparatus and is regularly exposed to vibration and moderate to high noise levels. The work environment includes congested and high traffic areas, slippery floors, working alongside forklifts, single pallet jacks, electric walk behind jacks and hand carts. Walking and working is done on concrete flooring. Some duties are performed in the warehouse and will require work to be done in varying climates. Temperatures range from zero in the coolers to 95 degrees Fahrenheit or above outdoors. The shift end-time fluctuates with the employer’s daily needs. The associate occasionally works in high and precarious places.
This Job Description is not an employment contract. The company reserves the right to change the Job Description and duties at any time without notice. I certify that I understand this job description, possess the above qualifications, and that I can perform each of the above functions with or without an accommodation.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
FreshPoint Atlanta is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time