Company: Newport Meat Northern California
Location: US-CA-Fremont, US-CA-Oakland, US-CA-Palo Alto, US-CA-San Jose, US-CA-San Mateo, US-CA-Milpitas, US-CA-Union City
Zip Code: 94539
Minimum Level of Education: Associate's degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 2
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why we’re at the heart of food and service.
Brief role description
The purpose of the Maintenance Manager position is to plan, lead and direct all activities supporting the maintenance of the buildings, equipment, and related facilities and systems and perform related work to ensure maximum production quantity and quality.
Primary areas of responsibility
- Provide technical, customer relations, and personnel management for major programs and projects.
- Oversee all plant equipment performance related to uptime and downtime.
- Project planning for Continuous Improvement
- Source, quote and negotiate pricing for equipment and repairs
- Work with the Ammonia Refrigeration (PSM updates and safety analysis on ammonia system)
- Training and communication with maintenance team on the PM protocols of the facility
- Approving bills and monitoring credit and returns
Associates Degree or equivalent experience
2-5 years in maintenance management. Ammonia Refrigeration, computer skills, electrical and mechanical skills
Reading schematics (electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic), Proficient with testing equipment and measuring instruments.
Mechanical aptitude, Leadership skills, Analytic problem solving
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Newport Meat Northern California is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time