Company: Metropolitan Meat Seafood and Poultry
Zip Code: 20785
Minimum Level of Education: Not Applicable
Minimum Years of Experience: 1
Position Type: Non-Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why we’re at the heart of food and service.
Job Summary: Deliver orders to customers on time, in good condition, and in a professional manner.
Other duties may be assigned to meet company needs.
- High school degree preferred
- Prior driving experience of a Class A or B vehicle.
- Ability to read, write, and communicate in English.
- Valid class “A” or “B” (commercial driver’s license).
- Ability to read and comprehend numbers as displayed.
- No more than three moving violations and/or one vehicle accident in any three-year period.
- Ability to move heavy objects quickly and efficiently.
- Must pass stress and endurance test, DOT physical, and drug screen.
- Three points or less on MVR report.
- Safely operate 28’-53’ company-leased tractor/trailer truck.
- Deliver product to the proper customers. Ensure product matches invoice—take note of returns, shortages, etc., and correctly use the OS&D report.
- Collect and count C.O.D. orders.
- Know DOT regulations – maintain DOT logs, physicals, and hours of service.
- Return all mislabeled, damaged, or unwanted product (with paperwork) to warehouse.
- Communicate any delays to customers, other drivers, and Transportation Department.
- Unload and verify all returns ensuring that pickups have been returned.
- To know and understand the company’s safety and health goals and the objectives. Assist the company in achieving these goals by participating in the safety program.
- To help develop and follow all safe work practices.
- To give a written report of unsafe conditions or unsafe acts to management.
- To report all accidents, injuries or illnesses to my supervisor immediately.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to walk. The employee is required to stand; sit; use hands to handle or feel objects, tolls, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 80 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Metropolitan Meat Seafood and Poultry is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time