Company: Freshpoint West Coast Florida
1. High School Diploma or equivalent.
1. Prior selecting experience in a fast paced warehouse environment preferred.
2. Basic produce knowledge and experience preferred.
3. Minimum of six (6) months experience operating an electric, ride-on pallet jack.
1. Operate and electric pallet jack safely and efficiently.
2. Pull product from rotation unless otherwise specified by salesperson on comment section of label.
3. Stack pallets correctly, i.e., heavy products used as the base, light products on top.
4. Select quality products for customer satisfaction. If there is a doubt about quality, ask the Supervisor.
5. Pull the correct product accurately.
6. Write the beginning selection and completion times on the master pull sheet.
7. Demonstrate a working knowledge of the inventory.
8. Stage orders in the appropriate cooler until loading time.
9. Have all substitutions approved by the supervisor.
10. Use the paging system to call for product to be set on the floor by the forklift driver.
11. Stage orders according to shipping time. When pulling orders for the next day’s delivery, products must be staged in the proper coolers. (Example-iced items, leaf items in the cold cooler.)
12. Pull tagged product when specified on the comment sections of the pull sheet. If the tagged item cannot be found, report this to a supervisor immediately.
13. Electric pallet jack upkeep is the responsibility of the operator.
14. Ensure supervisor/manager makes adjustments on will-call invoices. No changes will be made by shipping personnel.
15. Maintain appearance of the coolers by following supervisors cleaning schedule.
16. Standing water must be mopped immediately.
17. Strictly adhere to all safety rules.
18. Perform other tasks, as requested by management.
19. Responsible for working until relieved by supervisor. This may require working longer than your scheduled work hours.
20. Ability to work with others in a professional manner.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this job.
1. Basic reading and writing skills.
The Physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job. An individual should contact his or her supervisor or the human resources department if he or she believes that an accommodation is needed.
1. Stand for extended periods of time, bend, stoop, reach, push, pull, squat, turn body, and walk.
2. Lift and move cases (selecting product and placing on a pallet) ranging in weight from 10 lbs to 100 lbs continuously to and from heights ranging from floor to knee, waist, shoulder, and overhead.
3. Use hands to sweep and pick up debris.
4. Handle and feel objects and/or equipment controls; reach with hands and arms.
5. Must have the ability to talk and hear; must be able to hear warning horns on moving machinery and equipment.
6. Specific vision abilities required to perform this job include close and distance vision, depth perception, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
7. Must exhibit a required level of endurance, energy, and strength to successfully perform position.
8. Must have the ability to work in a cold cooler environment for periods of time in excess of 8 hours.
While performing the duties of this job, an associate regularly works near moving mechanical apparatus and is regularly exposed to vibration and moderate to high noise levels. The work environment includes congested and high traffic areas, slippery floors, working alongside forklifts, single pallet jacks, electric walk behind jacks and hand carts. Walking and working is done on concrete flooring. Some duties are performed in the warehouse and will require work to be done in varying climates. Temperatures range from zero in the coolers to 95 degrees Fahrenheit or above outdoors. The shift end-time fluctuates with the employer’s daily needs. The associate occasionally works in high and precarious places.
This Job Description is not an employment contract. The company reserves the right to change the job description and the job duties at any time without notice. I certify that I understand the job description, I possess the above qualifications, and that I can perform each of the above functions with or without an accommodation.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Freshpoint is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.