Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: Corporate Enclave
Zip Code: 77077
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 7
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why we’re at the heart of food and service.
Responsible for development of integrated supply chain network and facility optimization strategies to enable Sysco to maximize profitability by making better capital decisions and reducing operating costs. Indentify and recommend improvement opportunities to executive team and operating companies. Provide project oversight for facility reconfigurations, expansions and new builds. Oversee slotting optimization program including field execution through regional slotter structure. Responsible for the continues evolution of processes and tools to support network optimization, facility planning and slotting optimization processes.
- Direct the strategy, activities and productivity of Network Design and Facilities Optimization teams.
- Lead development of network models to determine most effective supply chain networks including optimal street territories, CMU customer alignment, alternative sources of product and intermediate redistribution locations.
- Oversee facility planning projects including capacity planning, reconfigurations, expansions and new builds.
- Responsible for slotting optimization program including dotted line reporting for field slotters through regional structure.
- Lead development, maintenance and use of applications and tools for network design, facility planning and slotting.
- Responsible for recuiting, developing and retaining top talent for the team.
- Applies combined analytical capabilities of direct reports to provide key insight to field operations and support continuos imporvement efforts and long term efforts.
- Work in a cross functional manner to identify and implement processes that improve overall cost and service performance across warehouse and delivery operations.
- Collaborate with all departments in operations as well as other functions for successful implementation of supply chain changes.
- Apply fact based techniques to indientify improvement opportunities within existing network as well as benchmark performance against external sources for continuous improvement.
- Incorporate a wholistic view to network design covering all aspects ofproduct sources, inbound transportation, warehouse operations, inventory, delivery activities, capital and customer requirements including service and product mix expectations.
- Identify and document productivity improvements and cost savings opportunities within the network, providing recommendations and implementation plan to management team.
- Utilize problem solving abilities and fact based methods to identify, define and resolve specific problems of the operational areas. Clarify and resolve complex business issues by breaking them down into meaningful components to determine root cause, redesigning internal and external business processes as necessary.
- Lead development of management reporting tools to monitor performance and identify improvement areas.
- Support operations and facilities initiatives with cost modeling related activities.
- Other duties may be assigned by department leadership.
Education and / or Experience:
- Minimum 7 years work experience with BS degree in Engineering, Supply Chain Management, Operations Research or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 4 years experience in distribution required.
- Minimum 2 years of project management experience required.
- MBA preferred.
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations:
- Computer literacy including MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Requires technical acumen and decision making
- Must be self-motivated and be willing to overcome obstacles in order to achieve objectives and complete projects in a timely manner.
- Must be well organized and be able to set priorities and manage time accordingly.
- Must be able to staff, train, and lead a team of professionals to achieve departmental goals and objectives
- Ability to influence stakeholders at all levels of the organization
- Consistently embraces change, leads efforts to role model change and its benefits
- Plans ahead clearly, creates breakthrough strategies and plans
- Ability to optimize work group
- Drives development culture
- Skilled at coaching
- Must have good written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills and be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization
- Excellent analytical skills to evaluate operational, financial and statistical data
- Self-starting and analytical use of know-how to identify, define and resolve problems. Utilize accumulated knowledge, procedures, processes and practices of warehousing and transportation areas to evaluate and communicate (both orally and in writing) the business requirements of distribution operations for the operating companies in SYSCO
- Contain skills in planning, organizing, executing, controlling and evaluating
- Practice effective person-to-person communication skills when dealing with other people at all levels and departments
- Take initiative to act within confines of the job to positively affect the overall goals of SYSCO
- Provide accurate information and assistance to support the operating companies in achieving their operational objectives
- The job requires travel 25% of the time.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- This position can be performed from the Corporate facility or from a remote location.
- Must be able to do limited travel to Sysco facilities or operating companies.
- If working remote, must have required software to ensure timely communications and have a dedicated work space free of any distractions and participate in conference calls in a business friendly environment.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only tasks to be performed by the employee in this job. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Corporate Enclave is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time