Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: SBS Cypress
Zip Code: 77429
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 5
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why we’re at the heart of food and service.
Summary of Job Purpose:
Executes duties and responsibilities required to analyze and resolve complex supplier dispute and billing issues. Support Team Leads and department by producing reports/metrics, conducting escalated dispute reviews, and training internal and external/global remote team members. Works with IT to resolve system defects and implement enhancements. Leads process improvement projects and provide tier 3 support to multiple levels of Sysco’s internal organization and external global management stakeholders.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deliver training and support to a 3rd party team of globally located associates.
- Provide feedback to leadership regarding performance of globally located teams
- Suggest updates and revisions to Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Analyze supplier account trends, identify root cause drivers for service disruptions and develop preventative actions.
- Evaluate critical research requests from key stakeholders, determine actions required independently and execute solutions for ambiguous supplier and customer billing situations.
- Provide training to suppliers and guide in use of supplier portal.
- Run metric reports and identify opportunities for improvement
- Respond to operating company CFOs and other key stakeholders regarding financial transactions
- Liaison with Sysco internal teams and SBS Global teams to ensure service levels and quality requirements are achieved
Required Minimum Education
Bachelor’s Degree or High School diploma & 5 years related experience
Required Minimum Experience:
5 years experience in Accounts Payable or related accounting experience (for example, General Ledger, Accounts Receivable, Payroll) or Accounting Degree
Abilities and Skills:
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written. Ability to articulate complex ideas/thoughts clearly.
- Detail oriented and able to work in a fast-paced environment, work with globally located remote teams and complete work with tight turnarounds and deadlines.
- Strong working knowledge of commonly used Accounts Payable concepts, practices and procedures.
- Ability to review complex invoices independently and identify discrepancies
- Self starter with impeccable follow-up skills
- Microsoft Office and specialized accounting / finance software systems.
Key Internal/External Contacts:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only tasks to be performed by the employee in this job. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description supersedes prior job descriptions
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
SBS Cypress is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time