Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: Corporate Enclave
Zip Code: 77077
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 3
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: Up to 25%
More information about this job:
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why we’re at the heart of food and service.
Brief description: The Government Relations Analyst will support Sysco’s federal, state and local legislative and regulatory advocacy efforts by researching public policy issues and developing argumentation and collateral material. The Analyst will track federal and state bills and regulations impacting Sysco’s operations, prioritize issues for action and maintain a comprehensive database. Working closely with the Senior Manager of Government Relations, the Analyst will support the company’s internal policy making process, grassroots organization and engagement, PAC reporting and compliance and communications with internal audiences. The Analyst will develop legislative reports and updates to keep the organization apprised of key developments.
Supervisor: Senior Manager, Government Relations
Description of Responsibilities:
Research, Analysis, Argumentation and Reporting
- Support the government relations team with quality, in-depth research on legislative and regulatory issues at the local, state and federal levels.
- Develop legislative reports and updates to keep the organization apprised of key developments.
- Develop argumentation on public policy issues to advance Sysco’s position.
- Develop collateral material for local, state and federal advocacy efforts including, but not limited to, letters of support or opposition, testimony, briefing papers, position papers and regulatory comment letters.
- Monitor and track legislative and regulatory activity at all levels of government that impact Sysco and provide timely updates to the relevant members of the government relations team.
- Support Sysco’s internal public policy making process by researching issues and drafting position papers; obtaining input from Subject Matter Experts (SMEs); participating in review meetings and maintaining a database of final positions once approved.
- Maintain a database of Sysco’s assets throughout the United States that consists of relevant company information (facilities, employees, payroll, taxes, suppliers, customers) by political subdivision (Congress, state officials); produce asset maps as needed.
- Maintain Sysco’s grassroots database, manage successful execution of “calls to action” under the direction of the Senior Manager of Government Relations.
- Help plan and organize facility tours with lawmakers, groundbreaking events and other related activities.
PAC Administration & Lobbying Compliance
- Maintain the Sysco PAC database and manage tasks such as check approval and cutting processes; bank reconciliations; federal and state compliance reports
- Support planning and organization of PAC events
- Support PAC solicitations, PAC presentations and PAC Board preparation.
- Prepare federal lobbying reports and ensure compliance with all Senate and House reporting requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree (Political Science, Public Policy, Public Administration, Communications, English or Journalism preferred).
Experience and Skills:
- Minimum 3 years of legislative or political research/analytical experience for a state or federal lawmaker, major corporation, trade association, NGO or government agency
- Knowledge of the U.S. food service distribution business and/or related industries, such as restaurants or food manufacturing and processing
- Working knowledge of legislative and regulatory processes at the federal, state and local levels
- Strong analytical, communication and organizational skills
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Proven process and project management expertise
- Ability to work with people at all levels of the organization, including functional and field team members
- Strong research skills
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to meet tight deadlines and deliver on short timelines
- Commitment to highest quality deliverables
- Sound planning and administrative skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office
(The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job.)
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Corporate Enclave is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time